To all you Britts

by sunshineToo 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I keep hearing foods in London are terrible. How bad can it be? Well, I saw a British cooking show, and they were making Egg Pudding with Anchovie. It was for a boys choir, and I thought British children had a different taste bud than American children.

So what did you have for dinner?

• nelly136
    nelly136

not cooked it yet but its probably liver stew and dumplings for dinner today

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We'll be having steak and salad for dinner in about 3 hours.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

KFC for lunch, probably curry for tea (ie dinner)!!

very original

Egg pudding with anchovies - sounds disgusting!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

beans on toast obviously...i'm a student

• Caedes
    Caedes

Oh my god you've found out! Yes It's true every single one of the 7.5 million people in London eat terrible food and all of the thousands of restaurants all serve really terrible food. It's funny though because as soon as you leave London all the food is really great! In fact everybody else in the country dine like kings every night of the week and it's not really considered dinner unless you are tucking into fresh roasted swan with artichoke hearts and truffles.

• nelly136
    nelly136

the queen can keep the swans , stringy critters ;)

• solo
    solo

I thought it was the illegal immigrants that ate the swans? Don't they take their nets and BBQs to Hyde Park?

cheese and pickle sarnie for lunch (if you are common it's dinner), very fresh white bread, butter not marg and it has to be branstons and some nice strong crumby cheddar

indian take out (delivery cos we are lazy) for tea (which if you are posh is dinner) until we can eat no more

• Dansk
    Dansk

Now, do you mean lunch or dinner? Up North the mid-day meal is known as Dinner, whereas in the south it's known as Lunch. Up North we call the evening meal, usually around 5.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m., Tea, whereas in the south they call it Dinner. So, which one do you mean?

Ian

• juni
    juni

Liver stew and dumplings! With all due respect that made me feel quite nauseous.

The ONLY time I ate liver was after the birth of our 4th child. I could've eaten the wallpaper off the walls as I was so hungry. Never touched it since.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit