So Whats Your Choice Of News Info?

by Englishman 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Seeing all these different people on this board, together with varying personalities, thoughts and opinions, makes me wonder about our reading and viewing material.

Take the daily news. If you watch TV, which news programme do you spend most time viewing and why? The same question as to which daily newspaper you read, plus, does your newspaper have a political bias that attracts you? Does your favourite newspaper or TV news programme have a website that you can paste so that we can sample your choice of material?

I will post my own choices later!

Englishman.

Stay Alive 'Til '75!

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

"The O'Reilly Factor" on FOX News is my favorite news program

And, no, not because he's Irish... he strives to be "fair and balanced."

I usually turn off CNN and CNBC in favor of FOX News b/c I feel that CNN and CNBC tend to have a liberal slant on some issues.

Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I tend to watch the BBC evening news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ for an overall summary of the days events.

If I'm flicking on the telly just to catch up with 24 hour news I use Sky http://www.sky.com/skynews/home

Since the tragedy I have been using CNN and CNBC to a great extent.

My favourite newspaper is The Times of London, I think it is fairly non-political, my most detested paper is a right wing rag called the Daily Mail.

Englishman.

Stay Alive 'Til '75!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I agree with Reagan, FOX News is a more balanced news channel. I also listen to news talk radio and watch ABC news with Peter Jennings. Occasionally, I will watch CBS news with Dan Rather. On the internet I turn to Yahoo and BBC for articles to read.

Stay Alive 'Til '75!

I don't think I will live to see 2075, I would be 99 years old.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• ballistic
    ballistic

BBC News 24 wins hands down. I leave it on 24 hours a day, what more can I say. When mates come round and ask what channels I've got, I say I dunno. I really don't.

p.s. in another thread I told someone to watch some news outside of America occasionally and they responded, "Oh I do, I watch CNN"

I thought what a laugh, it may be transmitted world wide, but it is definately American. Hence CNNs good coverage of the wtc as you state.

• Seven
    Seven

NPR, FOX News & BBC. CBS if the cable is down and CNN for their video.
    Wall Street Journal.

• LDH
    LDH

EMan,

Who cares? I just love any topic you post!

Personally, I watch Kermit the Frog as he reports on 'Sesame Street News'. http://www.bann.co.uk/personal/barryd/drugs/ssnews.html

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

LDH, Here I sit at home with Strep Throat, and I look at the site you left a link for. I was thinking it might have a clip or something to the muppet news that they had on the Muppet Show. Instead I saw the funniest muppet spoof I have ever seen. Thanks you made my day better.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

NPR, Yahoo! and Slashdot.org

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't listen to tv, radio or read the popular news mags. I prefer rooting through the net.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit