So Whats Your Choice Of News Info?

by Englishman 24 Replies latest jw friends

• claudia
    claudia

CNN

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I'm with Seeker on this one: I cruise as many news sources as I can find. Our cable operator offers three all-news channels, and I switch between them. Most tv news sources are so voyeuristic that I can't stomach their commentary, though. I try to stay awake for the BBC news on our local PBS station. I like MacNeil/Lehrer on PBS, and when my idiot radio will work I like NPR news.

The more viewpoints I can find the more information I can glean out of the rhetoric. Skepticism and iconoclasm are your friends in dealing with all media...

• Seeker
    Seeker

PorkChop

I see that Seeker is one of those poor benighted individuals so taken in by the barrage of leftist cant from the main stream media that he can't recognize true balance in a fine organization like Fox News.

I see you didn't read what I wrote. I specifically said my rant against Fox news had nothing to do with liberal or conservative issues. I said my complaint had to do with the way they word their stories, they not only tell you what happened, they tell you what you are supposed to think about it. Other news organizations do this too, at times, in more subtle ways that bear watching, but Fox news does it openly and obviously. Everything Murdoch touches turns this way, so it clearly is a directive coming from him.

This is a shameful thing for any news organization to do. I don't care if you agree with the propagandizing, you still should be very wary of any organization that tells you how to think. Opinion pieces are a different matter, but news should be facts only. Fox news is shameful in this regard.

Now, if you wish to pretend I just made a typically braindead liberal bash against Fox news, go ahead. Or you might try commenting on what I actually said instead. This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. If Fox news were pushing liberal propaganda, I would be just as outraged. Get it this time?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I got it the first time, and yes I think it's just another liberal bash. I bet Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw are your heroes, and of course they never tell you what to think.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    I got it the first time, and yes I think it's just another liberal bash.

How can it possibly be a liberal bash when it has nothing to do with liberalism? It has to do with propaganda, regardless of which propagand is being espoused, even liberal propaganda. You have yet to comment on this, so I keep thinking you must not be focusing on what I am actually saying.

I bet Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw are your heroes, and of course they never tell you what to think.

They absolutely do tell us what to think, another point you would have deduced had you read my comments carefully for it is something I actually implied. In fact, I don't care for either Rather or Brokaw, both of whom engage in misinformation.

Yet another assumption of yours turns out to be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit