I get free food

by Calico Ethel 30 Replies latest social humour

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

Thanks for sticking up for me. Nice to hear that others are happy for me (ahem - restrangled, show some love)

I'll forgive you though.

I donate to different stuff all the time now. It's funny how we were supposed to donate to the WTS, but we were discouraged to donate to other organizations????

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hmm, does this just happen in takeouts?

S

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

It usually just happens at fast food places, and for some reason it's usually Fazoli's???

I do get free drinks at bars from guys too...

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh, you make me miss the days I used to get free drinks when I would go out. I could pretty much leave the wallet at home, not that I am extrememly beautiful or anything, well, okay I am Now, I can barely sketch on my eyebrows and hope my maternity shirts cove most of my belly and arent too badly stained from my crazy 3 year old. I did get a free drink at Starbucks, but thats only because they made my first one wrong. Oh to be single and free and hot. Those were the days. Well, its pretty good now too!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

weird thread.

• vitty
    vitty

uummmmm

Free food from someone that looked "disgusting"...............no thanks

You said frequently.............can I ask how many times ?

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

Vitty - the disquisting guy didn't make or package the food....I saw a different guy do that. So at least I know it's ok.

I've gotten drinks bought for me or have gotten free food about 20 times since the divorce which was in April. So that may not seem like a lot, but it is to me, since that NEVER happened when I wore a wedding ring!

and I'm not trying to brag here, I just think it's flattering that people find me attractive now. After years of not feeling attractive because of neglect from my own husband, I wonder why I would like that now???? I'm even flattered when a girl will come up to me and say she likes my outfit or my shoes or something...

I got teased my whole childhood for looking ridiculous, so now I'm dressing better and I feel more confident and people notice that I guess.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Cal

I think most people in the "truth" developed a feeling of inadequacy. You know what it feels like not to be looked at as someone who fits the standard or above that standard.

What "restrangled" may have been put off by was your comment on the guy who acted in a kind way towards you! Since being out for a while I try to look past what is on the outside and see what is on the inside.

Congratulations on your new found confidence, being in a relationship where your mate doesn't make you feel special is very damaging!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've learned to work it too. When I fix computers for hot women I make it a point to linger and drool. They always love it, and it never occurs to them that my lingering longer than necessary is costing their company $120 per hour in consulting fees.

Not all of us men are suckers for a pretty face.

W

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I understand that restrangled was probably saying that, and I really don't look at people just for there outward appearances, however in this case, you need to understand that this guy was only giving me the food for free because he thought I was good looking, so isn't that the same thing then??? someone wanting something because of someone else's looks? I wasn't USING the guy because I think I'm so hot that I can get free food all the time...that's not it in the least. If you knew me, you would know that I don't think I'm hot at all! My confidence may be better than what it once was, but I'm in no way vain! And my original message was more of sarcasm than anything else, but I guess it's hard to get sarcasm across in an online message. You would just have to know me as a person face to face to know what I'm really like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit