Suggestions when you are sick

by jayhawk1 23 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Scully's suggestion to drink plenty of fluids is the best. Also, get plenty of rest.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I have a cold that is coming and going myself and I've been living on green tea with honey lately. It's really good to help break up the gunk in your throat and the stuff that is probably draining down from your nose. Also, I've been doing aromatherapy kind of stuff. take boiling water and add eucalyptus drops to it and inhale deeply...clears up your nose. rest a lot wherever you want - couch or bed, makes no difference.

take care though and get better soon!

• Genesis
    Genesis

Hey Jayhawk, you have all you need with your Sega Genesis (yeah shameless plug with my nickname I know...) ! Hope you have some good games, I personnaly love Theme Park, Spiderman and Road Rash 3.

• juni
    juni

Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy jayhawk. Drink up your fluids; it keeps the body flushed out.

Take something for the aches and pains and then go hibernate under a big quilt. And hang a sign on the door - QUARANTINED - SEE YOU IN A WEEK OR TWO

Juni

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

When I'm sick, I don't feel like drinking anything either, but a friend recently suggested the following, which really helped!

Put 2 or 3 big slices of lemon in a mug, fill the mug with boiling water, and add a spoonful of honey. Squish the lemons really well, and drink the 'tea'... if there's any lemon left on the slices when you're done, you can eat that (by now it's sort of sweet from sitting in the water with honey!) It breaks up the congestion and tastes good, (at least I think so), so I find myself actually craving it when I'm congested.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

GGG

• troubled mind
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Drink water, take a shot of Nyquil, go to bed and sweat it out under lots of blankets.

Jeff

• parakeet
    parakeet

Oh, one more thing. My ear-nose-throat doc suggested using a neti pot (available at health food stores and online) to keep the sinuses clear. He says it helps tremendously when his kids get colds. I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet (still disease-free thank goodness), but will if the cold or flu come my way.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I can't do Nyquil, but I have Alka-Seltzer that has taken the edge off of the runny nose and itchyness in my nose, it won't do much for the cough though. This cold feels something like hayfever without the watery eyes. My nose is getting red from rubbing it with klenex. OUCH!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Dang it I've been sick since Friday ! Sore throat , head cold , coughing , aches , you name it . I had to work everyday ,but I sleep every free minute I get and drink lots of juice . I bought daytime and night time cold remedies the only one that really helps is an allergy/sinus combo w/ antihistamine that has really helped alot . I also got antibiotics for the tonsillitus and now my throat is feeling better . Try the allergy/sinus combo (Benadryl or generic) with antihistamine -Diphenhydramine HCI 12.5mg and decongestant Pseudoephedrine HCI 30 mg that is what helped my cold . Hope you feel better soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit