1975 end of times i found this link:

by ania 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ania
  • ania
    ania

SORRY DON"T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE i wasn't trying to be funny heres a post of what i found:

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

When I was exiting the JWs, I went to sites that had actual quotes from Watchtower predicting 1975. They always managed to leave a little wiggle room, but most of what they said about 1975 was, this will be it.

What amazed me, is I knew if Watchtower had changed the date to 2005 (for example), before I began doubting in 1998, I would have stayed a member of the JWs until last year. I would not have my wife, my daughter, started going to college, or anything else I have done since 1999.

• daystar
    daystar

Yeah, Danny has a lot of stuff like that.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When I was a jw, starting in the 1980's, if anyone asked about 1975, the standard elder mantra was "well the society never actually said the end would be in 1975", and we all swallowed it. Since I've been out, I've seen plenty of evidence that they did say it. I just wish some of my former friends still in would look at it.

• Brigido
    Brigido

So does anyone actually know the exact month in '68 that this article came from. Funny, when you try to access this year of Awake in

the Library CD, it is only archived as far back as 1970. Hmmm, could this be a cover up to hide their own stupidity and false claims?

I feel so sorry for all of those that gave so much of their lives for nothing but a false hope. I am so glad to be away from all of that.

What cracks me up is how the article portrays that "things are so bad and critical now". Wow, 31 years later and guess what?

Nothing! We are all still here! Anyway, that's my thoughts...thanks for posting that article.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Good morning everyone. Has all the information regarding the 1975 fiasco been put together in on place? That will make for interesting reading.

Thanks for the link Ania. Would not have found it on my own.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am more than a little peeved that my father gave/loaned his early volumes to a sister in Oz when he returned to NZ. Not having hard copy of what had been published at the time has been a real pain in the butt. I could have really rattled his brain cells when I had the chance if he still had his old litterature.

It is too late now. I have blown my chance. Telling him lo look it up the the KH library is useless. He will never do it.

I advise anyone with old WT litter and a basement, not to throw away anything. I am now in the market for any older WT and and have managed to pick up quite a bit of usefull stuff.

Even if you don't want it, someone else will. AlanF is/was looking for OKMs. I would love to help him as I/we (we being my JW wife) have them. I have been able to provide scans from them when I needed to, so I like to keep them here.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Pre 1970 Awakes were not reprinted by the Soc.

One of the best items indicating the end was in 1975 was a 4 page insert dated September 8th 1974 in the KM for that month. At that time they said, "In this concluding portion of the "time of the end"?" They were encouraging dubs to do full time preaching and make sure they had no 'blood guilt'.

The item is headed: 'To All Dedicated Servants of Jehovah'. I have mentioned this before and assumed that others had found their copy. If anybody wants it I could scan and certainly put up the text on the site.

Does anyone else remember this item or have a copy. Perhaps Danny has it on his site although I haven't seen it.

Fokyc

• penny2
    penny2
    So does anyone actually know the exact month in '68 that this article came from.

This is from the October 8, 1968 edition of Awake! magazine. The cover of the magazine had the caption:

"IS IT LATER THAN YOU THINK? Is time running out for this generation? What will the 1970's bring?"

penny2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit