A Warning to Bush and Blair!

by Gill 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Gill, I still agree with you, but another fact to throw out there is found here.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=5773

DOING the arithmetic is an imprecise venture. The largest number of deaths attributable to Mr. Hussein's regime resulted from the war between Iraq and Iran between 1980 and 1988, which was launched by Mr. Hussein. Iraq says its own toll was 500,000, and Iran's reckoning ranges upward of 300,000. Then there are the casualties in the wake of Iraq's 1990 occupation of Kuwait. Iraq's official toll from American bombing in that war is 100,000 ? surely a gross exaggeration ? but nobody contests that thousands of Iraqi soldiers and civilians were killed in the American campaign to oust Mr. Hussein's forces from Kuwait. In addition, 1,000 Kuwaitis died during the fighting and occupation in their country.

The Bush and Blair admins. are going to be held accountable, I'll agree with you there. If not by us, then perhaps by a higher power. We will have to part ways on this statement...

Millions have died under the war imposed by Bush and Blair and are yet to die, a fraction of the blood shed and crimes by the Sadam regime. Yet we know that Sadam will be executed when found guilty.

Gill, your heart is in the right place and something should be done to support Dharfour. It certainly would be a more noble effort than the one in Iraq.

• Gill
    Gill

Jayhawk - Sadam's reign, I'm very happy to say is Over. However, the reign of chaos that the war has unleashed has only just begun. As I said in my last post, this war and its results will go on and on and on.

One of the most scary I've ever realised to be horrifyingly true is the one that says: 'A country gets the government it deserves!'

What can this mean about Iraq? What does it say about our own governments and peoples?

Not nice to ponder on for too long.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Gill

Jihad was here before the war and will be here after the war!!

What do you think should be done in Iraq? If you think chaos is there now wait to we withdraw.

• Gill
    Gill

Keerj2leev - I don't think we ever can withdraw from Iraq, at least not for another ten years or so. It would be totally irresponsible if we were to.

You're right in that Jihad was here before the war. The motive for the Iraq war, WMD was wrong. Sadam was not the cause of the crime and tragedy of 9/11.

Back to Dharfour however, it appears that time may be running out to help directly or indirectly those innocents.

• breeze
    breeze

GILL.......

It is easy to make up things and attack the leaders of the two major countries in the World. I feel sorry for the people of Iraq, but the truth is that both the house and the senate and democrats and left wingers all voted for the war in Iraq. At least you should have some of the facts correct.

The Jihad is nothing new, the hatred for the all of the non-muslim world has been shown by these groups of Muslims and has been around for many years. Iraq just was a real great reason and a convienent battle ground for the US, UK and the rest of the world after 9-11. After the Afgan attack to find Bin Laden, Iraq was a great place to stage the war against the extremist groups, and pay close attention to where most of them are, in Iraq fighting the US & UK.

As for as helping save lives, the US and allies went into Somaila and was attacked by everyone in the country women children and friendlies. Their mission was to save to locals from the war-lords and they got a face full of bullets from the ones they were trying to save for their concern. I would be very reluctant to be in favor of any further intervention in a Moslem land. The Moslems don't want non-Moslems in their countries, regardless of the reason.

The US and the UK are not pulling out of Iraq with the current leadership in place. There is always a non-war group working in the background regardless of the war or location. If the Left Wing does win and the US pulls out of Iraq, it will leave Iraq just where it was in the begining and a ruller like the current Iranian leader to become a dictator. The Moslem world wants leadership by the church and this will always lead to radical movements.

The US is not a perfect country but the balance of power the is dictated by the constitution is a great way to keep a radical idea from turning the US into a Moslem like state and doing harm to others.

BREEZE

• Gill
    Gill

I appreciate all that you say, Breeze!

All they have to do is to stop emasculating the United Nations and support a multi national force to go into Dharfur. They cannot possibly go in under the flag of the US, Britain or any other country....only the UN.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    What can they say to redeem themselves?

They are the kind of Christians that can't redeem themselves, if they are real Christians, Christ has already redeemed them!

• free2beme
    free2beme

That is some of the biggest liberal thinking I have ever read, in a long time.

• rassillon
    rassillon

jayhawk1 Said:

Well, if any in the Bush Admin. is going to hell, they will go to hell for destroying Iraq because of the WMD that they knew Iraq didn't have. Thousands of innocent people died because of their lies.

http://www.bizzyblog.com/?p=760

Gill Said:

jayhawk1 - what is incredible about Iraq, apart from the fact that they knew there were no weapons of mass destructions, is that millions of ordinary people said 'NO' to the war. They didn't listen to anyone. You can only stand and look at Iraq now, in disbelief. Millions have died under the war imposed by Bush and Blair and are yet to die, a fraction of the blood shed and crimes by the Sadam regime. Yet we know that Sadam will be executed when found guilty. How strange!

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

1,000,000 - 48,046 = 951,954

WOW!

-r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit