If the UN dissolves...will the WTS recover?

by AuldSoul 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur
    So, doctrine is important to the organization, but unquestioning loyalty is really how they hold people. To me, the folks most likely to leave are ones who really understand the doctrine.
    For the rest, they're happy not understanding everything but they're not willing to make too many sacrifices. Its a tightrope and eventually, they're going to fall off.

These are very good points. I have noticed throughout my years in the org, that many of the most ardent defenders and apologists for the org are those who really don't understand the deeper doctrines very well; and have no idea how such doctrines were formulated. I fell into this camp. When I actually began to do in depth research into various doctrines (Faithful Slave, etc.) I began to see through the smoke screens.

Most Witnesses are happy to let someone else do the hard work of thinking for them. Despite it's handicapping effect; it affords a certain level of comfort for people who need to have their reality sliced and diced into nice, neat, little symmetrical categories.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    And a better question is: When the political powers of the world turn on and destroy all religion (except the one TRUE religion), what will the opposers then say?

From your above statements, I assume that you are still a loyal JW. Am I correct? If so; please tell me something. Why would a loyal JW who obediently follows the directions of the Faithful Slave; blatantly disobey them by communitcating with "apostates" on a site such as this?

• fish
    fish

From your above statements, I assume that you are still a loyal JW. Am I correct? If so; please tell me something. Why would a loyal JW who obediently follows the directions of the Faithful Slave; blatantly disobey them by communitcating with "apostates" on a site such as this?

Before I answer your question in response to my question, may I ask you another question?

As an exJW, do you still believe in God, and if yes do you believe the bible is his inspired word?

• V
    V
    Auld: All of their end times prophecies seem inextricably linked to the fate of the UN.

Yeah, and the same could be said about the "generation", once...

Revise and new lighting. The rank and file will be thrilled, another fallout on the same scale as 1995 (generation), and the org moves on.

However, the Society's MO has been to replace old specific doctrine with new ambiguous "fluff"--I don't know how else to describe it. For example see the 2006 "new light" regarding Revelation 22:1 or the new understanding of the "generation".

To me it seems that the teaching has become more adapted to surviving date stamps, at the expense of becoming outrightly bland.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    And a better question is: When the political powers of the world turn on and destroy all religion (except the one TRUE religion), what will the opposers then say?

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses will continue to teach commands of men as though they are requirements of God, will continue to establish authority structures of humans over other humans over which even their identified Faithful and Discreet Slave has no authority at all, will continue to lie and deceive converts about what they used to teach in order to make themselves seem more prophetically correct than they actually were (which brings Ananias and Sapphira to mind), will continue to answer direct doctrinal questioning with sidestepping answers that challenge the spiritual depth of the questioner, and will continue judging others harshly for what they themselves do.

The Bible Students were founded on false promises made to the world, and the Governnig Body has never correctly predicted anything that wasn't already predicted by someone else. If a mouthpiece of God is wrong 100% of the time in their predictions, either God is stupid and inept or the mouthpiece isn't speaking for God.

IF the political powers of the world turn on and destroy all religion (except the one TRUE religion), then opposers, upon noticing the absence of the false religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, will say, "See? We tried to tell you, but you were too enraptured with the humans who 'spoke for God' as His 'sole channel of communication' in the earth."

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Fish: As an exJW, do you still believe in God, and if yes do you believe the bible is his inspired word?

As an ex-JW, I still believe in God and I believe that pasa graphe is breathed by God and beneficial. But, I certainly don't speak for all ex-JWs. No one does. We have little in common, actually, beyond some shared experiences with Jehovah's Witnesses. Why do you ask?

AuldSoul

• garybuss
    garybuss

The ONLY reason the UN is in business is to make the Jehovah's Witness' predictions make sense. The UN better hope the Witnesses stay in business:-)

• badboy
    badboy

ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT THE UN WAS SET UP FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE WT!

• badboy
    badboy

ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT THE UN WAS SET UP FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE WT!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    As an exJW, do you still believe in God, and if yes do you believe the bible is his inspired word?

First Question: Yes

Second Question: Some of it perhaps, but I am not a believer in Biblical inerrancy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit