Some Unfortunate News due to the Collision

by Amazing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Geez, Jim, I am so sorry for your suffering. After your fist post on this I mistakenly concluded that since you were not held at the hospital you had no serious injuries. It sounds like you've sustained multiple serious injuries! How are you walking around - even with "a limp" - with a broken femur?

Please do what is neccessary to take care of yourself and recover, and remember that that will require patience also.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. The hospital is the poorest place to get sleep ... and anyone who has spent any time there knows what I mean ... they will wake you at 3 in the morning to give you a sleeping pill. So, I have no desire to go there unless I absolutely have to do so. I am on antibotics, and the massive brusing has turned the corner, and ceased spreading. So, that means the internal bleeding has stopped. But, do I ever look ugly. I have port wine looking massive stains everywhere. I look like I have been through a meat grinder. The doctor also gave me some good drugs (dope for those of you in Rio Linda) to keep me sleeping and groggy. It works well, and I feel much better rested.

Nathan N: It sounds like you've sustained multiple serious injuries! How are you walking around - even with "a limp" - with a broken femur?

My femur is not broken through, but it is fractured along the length of the bone, rather than a perpendicular break. No cast is required. Just live with pain until it heals.

Jim Whitney

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Good God Almighty, Jim, I don't know how you're even able to type! Wish I lived close enough to bring you some chicken soup or something. Take care of yourself, do everything the doctors tell you to do, and keep us posted, okay?

[gentle] Hugs,

Nina

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((Jim)))

I an so sorry to hear that, I hopr you get better very soon

Linda

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry to hear that Jim.

Wishing you a quick and thorough recovery.

• juni
    juni

Thanks for giving us an update Jim, but after reading it I thought why aren't you in the hospital? I know they are pests about letting a person sleep, but didn't they want to keep you for observation especially w/fluid in the lungs and internal bleeding?

Hope you can stay comfortable and continue to heal. Someone's always around ready to listen and talk with you.

Juni

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sometimes we never know just how serious the body is hurt.

Glad that you have seen the doctor and things are being taken care of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit