Some Unfortunate News due to the Collision

by Amazing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I was at the doctor today for over 6-hours to be tested on the issues resulting from the collision. It seems that there are some serious effects that have emerged, which is not uncommon to happen within a short time after a serious collision. I will describe them later on, as I am waiting for more test results to arrive. To give you all an idea of how bad the collision was, my left femur is fractured from the impact of the collision where the other driver's car hit my car, shocking and whipping my body. The femur is the strongest bone in the human body, considered to be stronger than concrete. It is hard to fracture. There are also two serious problems with my spine and two vertebrae due to the collision. My lungs are filling with fluid because of damage to my rib cage resulting from the collision. I have also lost over 33% of my blood from internal bleeding, and this poses serious risk for internal infection of multiple organs. My hemoglobin is down to 10, when it should be 15 to 17. I am in a lot of pain, and am not able to walk correctly without a limp. Fortunately, my vital signs are stable for now, and so, I am not required to be hospitalized. I am on medication to stop the spread of infection, as well as pain, etc.

The above is the gist of what will be a formal medical report that will be turned over to my own insurance and to my attorney. I will keep you all posted as to what happens next as I learn more.

Jim Whitney

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Jim - Sorry to hear about that. May your healing be quick.

with luv - wac

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'm sorry to hear of your injuries,

I do hope you have a good doctor and they have good health care in France.

Have you had an MRI of your spine?

I had a small fender bender and I am still dealing with alot of pain from that......can't imagine what you are going through.

Hope you feel better soon.

purps

• ringo5
    ringo5

I'm real sorry you've been knocked about so, and from the sound of the extent of your injuries, I find it difficult to believe you shouldn't be in the hospital, at least for observation.

I am in a lot of pain, and am not able to walk correctly without a limp.

I hope your able to keep walking to a bare minimum for now, and please take it easy...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I find it difficult to believe you shouldn't be in the hospital, at least for observation.

I agree.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Blessings and healing hugs being sent your way.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Jim:

So sorry to hear you have additional injuries because of this accident.

Please know that we are thinking and praying for you and take care of yourself.

Ronin1

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I'm so sorry it's worse than first thought!!! I'll be thinking of you and hoping for full recovery with no more unfortunate news.Wish there was more I could do or say...

~Merry

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Reading your description, I wonder too why you are not receiving hospital care....I hope none of the things you mentioned are capable of progressing into serious risks to recovery...

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Bad things to read. I wish you a good medical treatment and a fast recovery. You should definitely be in hospital.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit