2007 DC theme " The jig is up. The Watchtower is not the truth. "

by 5go 22 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go
    " I'd love it if were true but I wonder if we are just seeing it from an outsiders view, my parents are well in with no sign of retreat or doubt. It might look dull and uninspiring to us but I'm sure it is completly different to them . . I wish I was wrong because my parents have wasted the best part of their lives and will probably die having never discovered the truth about the truth "

No, It was bad I have always been bored at the 20 or so I've been to. Everyone else I know seem bored or unintrested. I also over heard several people complaining about the drama, as well as the lines to get out of the convention, and the new book. And they amitted it was 90 or so years since 1914. They even paraded a 90 year old brother out to say he would wait another 90 years.( of course he can't )

The review that we had later was bascaliy dead only elders or pioneers seem to answer. Not as lively as it was last year.

• Kudra
    Kudra

I'm sure it was all dull and uninspiring to many of you guys in like, 1995, but that was when I was at my most "spiritual" (WTS-style)

My mom says things are really "speeding up".

• vomit
    vomit

It may sound strange but does any feel that there is a Witness smell at assemblies? Also all the advertisements in the place are covered with white paper.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It may sound strange but does any feel that there is a Witness smell at assemblies?

Smells like simmering ham. I'm not kidding, there's the smell of baking flesh because San Diego's is still out in the sun.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Everyone else I know seem bored or unintrested.

Did you know why elders and ministerial servants volunteer so much at assemblies? They get to walk around or go clean something INSTEAD OF PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PROGRAM, like they tell everyone else to do. I know, I admit it, I was one of them. The worst assignments are in parking, because you don't miss much of the program, but even there, you get to leave as everyone is falling asleep. The best assignments involve security attendants during the afternoon sessions.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to the 2007 HOW TO WRITE YOUR WILL Disctrict Convention.

• 5go
    5go
    Did you know why elders and ministerial servants volunteer so much at assemblies?

I knew that, some of my friends and their fathers have told that is the reason they do it. As well as sisters with bathroom cleaning an box sitting they get to talk to passers by.

By the way is the hanky panky in the parking lot true, or a witness legend.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

At this chronological point in my own personal time frame, being out seven, going on eight years away, I've been re-reading "Crisis of Conscience". Honestly, a small part has been in my regaining of an old witness gf that i was very close to in the borg. she got ready for her wedding in my apartment.........we were both 24 years old, maybe....my point is that as time advances, we may, all of us, now, on the outside looking in, will be joined by old familiar witness friends........time can change alot of things.........

Terri, of the deeply grateful for an old friendship resumed, class

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    It might look dull and uninspiring to us but I'm sure it is completly different to them . . I wish I was wrong because my parents have wasted the best part of their lives and will probably die having never discovered the truth about the truth

solo, thank you for the reminder, dear, that is soooo true. some of us who have moved far away from the pain the organization caused us need to remember, remember what that pain felt when it was a raw wound in our own breast/heart............

terri

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    is the hanky panky in the parking lot true, or a witness legend

I dunno. What's the rumor? Never heard it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit