Jesus Camp, the movie. Trailer freaked me out.

by kwintestal 22 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I saw this movie this past weekend. It's chilling. I think every ex-JW would be fascinated by it. They (evengelicals) are so diferent from our religious experience, and yet, so the same.

It also explains how we got where we are politically in America.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think i'm wrong about magnolia pictures being one under tom cruises production companies..sorry

• under_believer
    under_believer

I literally felt the hair on the back of my neck standing up. That trailer exudes evil from every pore.
    If extremists (whether Christian or Muslim) are going to be running the world in 20 years, we better start investing in the space program.

• skyking
    skyking

OMG that is scary as the video I posted the other day about a little Muslim girl if you have not watched that video it is only three minutes long . Comparing the two and then thinking about Hitler will make you sick to your stomach

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8136172464983968081&q=%22Obsession+the+movie%22&hl=en

Please take the time and compare the two.

• under_believer
    under_believer

skyking, good point.
    Extremism in every form is an evil.
    This shows that the Christians have their evil loonies just like the Muslims.

• bebu
    bebu

That is disturbing! These kids are getting brainwashed.

It reminds me of Jim Jones-like stuff. I think that this camp (and any others like it) needs to be exposed for the kinds of practices it is has, and what it is foisting upon children as religion (a political agenda).

But I have to say... the background music of the trailer made me feel like I was being manipulated to panic. I don't think that was needed if the point of the movie is going to be well-established anyway.

I think the kids won't be Hitlers as mentioned... just a lot more difficult to live with in society!!

bebu

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My not-exactly-state-of-the-art computer wasn't handling that site very well - here's a link to another trailer for those of us who, um, haven't upgraded our hardware in a while:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/

This is the kind of religious indoctrination that my teenage nephew is getting, he even went to a camp last summer that he didn't seem to want to talk about very much with us (the secular side of his family) afterwards. He just looked down and mumbled something like "we studied the Bible and went to church services a lot" when I asked him about it.

Ah well, like Sting said, when the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

People ask me if I plan on having children.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Are you nuts???? Can't you see????

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Saw the film last weekend.

It was not easy to sit through. Like going back to the kingdom hall after a long absence. I felt so sorry for the children. They are mind-raped before your eyes. They literally had tears streaming down their intense faces as they looked heavenward apologizing for their "sins." The people that run the Jesus Camp are nutters and disgusting. If you see the film, notice their personalities. There wasn't a single one that gave off a vibe of peace or joy or warmth. These are hardcore, angry, militant evangelicals that are bigoted in their faith. They are raising their children to be just like them.

One of the ministers of a big evangelical church is interviewed in the film and supposedly speaks with President Bush every Monday. The minister comes off as an arrogant jerk for Jesus. If this is President Bush's spiritual mentor, it explains a lot.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Crazy Christians scare me more then Muslims. Mainly because Crazy Christians are in my own town and they are very dangerous. I watched that preview and I got chills.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Looks like Christians are building their own little Taliban.

I've added it to my Netflix list, however it will not be available for some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit