What's The Dumbest Decision You've Ever Made?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Dis, the dumbest decision you ever made was not putting those flags up earlier.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Getting married.

What about you, Min?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Min,

Hey you know............You're right. Those bastards

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not sure which decision it could be. I think I KNEW that this wasn't really the "Truth" for many years but blocked it out of my mind. And then being an elder (again) while knowing in the back of my head that it's all crap. I wasted a lot of time.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Which one?.... There have been so many that are equal in stupidity and too many to start listing out.

Loruhamah

• 5go
    5go

Getting baptized after even though I knew what was gonna happen.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

dumbest decision?

I don't really know. I've certainly made a few but I have learned from each one. And I try really hard not to make the same mistake twice.

Even in the middle of my mistakes I have always found something good in it. An example:

In 1999 I met a man and shortly after moved to Winnipeg. I gave up a lot to move west and in the long run it didn't work out. But it gave me a few lessons and opportunities

• listen to your gut feelings and than act on that instead of living on hopes
    • I got to see another part of Canada that I would never have seen
    • I went on a cruise to Alaska that was awesome and I wouldn't have done that if I hadn't married him
    • Although I had seen the Atlantic Ocean marrying him got me to see the Pacific
    • I had 2 jobs that meant a lot to me even though there were issues that came up for me
    • I got to legally change both my first and last names that I probably would have put off and never done

Do I wish I had done some things different? Yes because deep down my gut knew it was a mistake. But once made, learn from it

I've been through a lot but everything is an opportunity and what you get out of it (lessons learned) is worth it in th elong run.

• Sassy
    Sassy

the only thing I regret was how I handled visitation with my kids when my ex and I split. I thought I'd just let my door be open to them rather than force them to live with me or force them to visit. They saw it as an opportuntity to get away from the witnesses since their dad left the WTS at that time and I ended up estranged from them for about 8 yrs..

That I reqret handling how I did.. but in the end after I left the dubs I got them back any way.. so.. its ok..

I could say marrying my 2nd husband.. however, because the brothers wouldn't let me get an annulment and because he could have never given me a scriptural divorce.. I got pissed and left the dubs.. so he really gave me a gift.. my freedom. Because I was blind and never would have seen to leave other wise. so in a way that was the best thing I ever did.

• Lutece67
    Lutece67

Agreeing to "swing" with some other couples while I was still married. Um, yeah, like that works. I was rebelling from having left the "truth" so it was like dating on fast forward. I don't regret it so much as wish I had done it for other reasons.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I feel the same as Linda giving up a career to pioneer. At the moment I'm thinking the about marriage to a witness. When you have doubts and leave, if your spouse that really loves you and seen the lies and the hypocrisy in the religion, seen you victimised by the elders yet stands by the society. It knocks you for six.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit