"Store up... treasures in heaven." 2007 Circuit Assembly review

by Zico 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Zico,

We had ONE baptism this assembly! Incredible, over 500 in attendance, and just ONE baptism.

In the late 1960s, as we were getting ready for Armageddon by 1975. It was common to have Circuit Assemblies with 2,500 to 3,500 in attendance, and 60 to 70 new baptismal candidates. We used rented public auditoriums (such as the Richmond, CA Auditorium), and dreamed of the day we would have Assembly Halls where we could accomodate all the new baptisms, which we expected to be well over 100 each and every weekend. My, how things have changed.

Jim Whitney

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks Zico, I only skimmed your notes, I wouldn't think there was anything I've not already heard. It makes me so happy I won't ever have to sit through that crap again.

• juni
    juni

Thanks Zico for your information. Sounds like the same old blah-blah. Nothing new.

Be more; do more according to the standards of the Watchtower Corporation.

Juni

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thank you Zico. I really appreciate your thoroughness. Your posting this will help many of us better understand where our loved one's minds are at.

• unique1
    unique1

Zico I love your avatar.

Bless you for sitting through this and taking + typing such in depth notes. It just reinforces in my mind how blind I used to be. God, how could I have been so gullible? Thanks for sharing.

• moshe
    moshe

It's 9:15 am for me right now- I think I have enough time to go make some JW pioneers mad at me.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks for all the work you put into those notes. Now don't forget to bring them to the service meeting review!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    He described the UN as a world government, which even had it's own army! I think he needed to read up on what they actually are.

During this time, the person sitting next to me said 'I think he's going to reveal the last King of the North!' I'm sure you'll all be surprised to hear, that he didn?t.

Why do the JWs think the UN is a world government? I have always found that funny and even more-so after learning of their formal relations with the UN, along with their current not quite formal involvement with the UN.

Regarding the King of the North, they just can't commit to a government to be that King. Ever since the USSR fell, they don't know what to do with that scripture. Same old thing, wait for brighter light. If they did have God's blessing, they would know by now. The USSR has been gone for over 15 years. There is a whole new generation that has no idea what the cold war was and never heard Ronald Reagan say the famous words, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

I also love it that Saturday they went 4 talks without saying the name Jesus. I thought these people was the true christians.

• daystar
    daystar

Hmm... sounds just like every assembly I ever attended in the 70s and 80s. But... only one baptism?! Wow... I'm sure I would have remembered if I had attended even one assembly when there was ever only one baptism.

• Zico
    Zico

Sorry you had to wait so long for the end! I got distracted. Sunday afternoon continued. 'You cannot slave for God and for riches.' The third talk by our Circuit Overseer. Jehovah (WTBTS) requires exclusive devotion. We need to be at all meetings. These meetings, are like a spiritual paradise. He used Matthew 6:19, 20, to say that we should STOP storing treasures on Earth, and Matthew 28:19, telling us to GO make disciples. We should all reach out, and DO MORE. Materialism is an act of Satan. 'Where your treasure is, there your heart will be.' The 4th talk given by the DO. They don't half keep the DO and CO busy at these assemblies. He said that after an Assembly everyone will think 'I am so upbuilt, I could never leave Jehovah!' But then everyone who eventually leaves, or is DF'd will go to a last ever assembly, and may say 'I will never leave Jehovah!' So we were told not to get complacent. Personally, I can't wait to leave, and I hope this is my LAST assembly! He finished by stressing the need to DO MORE, in such urgent times. Finally finished writing it up! Thanks for your replies so far. I hope this helps others who have to go, as reading the Convention reviews helped me after I went. I'm stuck in for now, as I don't want to lose my family, and want to stay in whilst I build up a support network outside the Organisation. I still have little contact outside of the Org. But meanwhile, it's been over a month since I went out on the Service, I haven't answered in a while, and I haven't donated since June, nor do I intend to ever again. I may still be active, as I still report, but as far as the Society is concerned, I'm useless. I'm certainly not going to be exercising the urgency demanded from this weekend! Love to you all, Zico

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit