"Store up... treasures in heaven." 2007 Circuit Assembly review

by Zico 49 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I would dearly love to see someone at an assembly with a laptop connected to the web typing and dropping sound bites in real time! LOL!

Oh by the way I've got an AWESOME sound bite from a recent assembly but have to find a good way to post it!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This could be any assembly, in any year. Same examples, same thoughts, same exhortation. "Food at the proper time"? More like "photocopies at the assigned time."

Thanks for the analysis, Zico. You won't have to do another one...it's all the same, year after year. Quit your job! Pioneer! You'll get a "miracle check" for the exact amount you need!

At our CAs there are no more than 6 people up for baptism (at least the last ones I can remember), most of them dub-raised kids finally taking the plunge.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

and personality signs
    There are more Schizophrenics then ever before

• juni
    juni

Blondie said:

I wonder what current events in NYC with George Bush and the president of Iran at the UN?

I wonder how many elders are going to run out and quit their jobs and pioneer?

I was thinking the same thing Blondie. I'm sure they'll attach some deeper meaning to this.

Juni

• chiddy
    chiddy

it's very important to name speakers, after all it is a public convention, governing body members are constantly mentioned on the forum and I am conducting a survey of uk active serving co's and do's.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

The work has been banned in Nicaragua, during the sandinista-government, it was also banned in Argentina and also in Paraguay as far as my memory served me correct (and of course in Cuba until recently, they seem to be tolerated now). I once attended an assembly with no onebaptized. And they did not know it before. So the brother who gave the talk was a bit flabbergasted, but he just remodeled the questions and asked the audience to think about their own dedication and baptism. close to 1000 was in attendance.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

sorry for using the wrong verb tense: I meant: The work was banned in Nicaragua (cause it was lifted when another government came in power)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks for the notes. I can't believe I missed them but I was going thru some health issues when they were first posted.

By the way, does anyone have the scripture to prove that Angels wanted the do the preaching work but God gave it to the Witnesses? I thought that gem was priceless!

I guess they WT forgot that Jesus gave his human disciples the command to preach? (Matthew 28:19,20). Of course, they are obviously talking about another preaching work entirely, as they have already proved they are not really Christ's disciples.

Imagine going into any of the churches of Christendom (which the WT despises) for several days of instruction and NEVER hearing Jesus praised, thanked or mentioned in any way? That would NEVER happen!

All in all, the notes show that in the past 100 years or so, the WT has not come up with any new appetizing food to feed the flock. They just take the same pile of crap, add a little different garnish around it and try to pass it off as new. No wonder most people's eyes glaze over at these conventions.

Again, great job at note taking. Lilly

• Zico
    Zico

Jehovah probably should have given it to the angels, somehow, I think they'd be a bit more effective.

I can't recall a scripture being used Lilly, he'd have to have taken it out of context if he did!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Thanks for sharing. Same recycled information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit