Oh oh! They've missed one (Rev Climax book changes)

by AnnOMaly 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

And it's an important one too. Anyone else here picked up on it?

*** re chap. 20 p. 124 A Multitudinous Great Crowd ***

The great crowd is not a priestly class and does not attain to that exalted position. True, it is later described at Revelation 7:15 as serving God "in his temple." But this temple does not refer to the inner sanctuary, the Most Holy. Rather, it is the earthly courtyard of God?s spiritual temple. The Greek word na.os', here translated "temple," often conveys the broad sense of the entire edifice erected for Jehovah?s worship. Today, this is a spiritual structure that embraces both heaven and earth.?Compare Matthew 26:61; 27:5, 39, 40; Mark 15:29, 30; John 2:19-21, NewWorldTranslationReferenceBible, footnote.

But since then 'new light' has shone forth!

w025/1pp.30-31QuestionsFromReaders***

Still, TheJewishEncyclopedia says: "This outer court was, strictly speaking, not a part of the Temple. Its soil was not sacred, and it might be entered by any one."

Fifth, the Greek word (hi.e.ron') translated "temple" that is used with reference to the Court of the Gentiles "refers to the entire complex, rather than specifically to the Temple building itself," says AHandbookontheGospelofMatthew, by Barclay M. Newman and Philip C. Stine. In contrast, the Greek word (na.os') translated "temple" in John?s vision of the great crowd is more specific. In the context of the Jerusalem temple, it usually refers to the Holy of Holies, the temple building, or the temple precincts. It is sometimes rendered "sanctuary."?Matthew 27:5, 51; Luke 1:9, 21; John 2:20.

You'd think a refinement as important as this would have been included in the 70 or so 'Climax' book corrections.

NOPE.

Unless there is somebody there that week who is 'switched on,' the 'old light' will continue to glow.

• badboy
    badboy

ITS GOOD TO KNOW THE WT HAS MISSED ONE CORRECTION!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt anyone will spot it Ann, unless they are lurking on here and see your post. They have too many changes to make as it is. Good spot though.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i am sure there are more but too many would cause the flock to question the org

• mama1119
    mama1119

Very interesting!!

• Borgia
    Borgia

And if one notices one is expected to mention it in a .....respectfull way........read: non argumentative, non provocative, always keeping in mind that such a remark may break down the fragile faith of a listener....

Cheers

Borgia

• Gill
    Gill

Ann! You genius you!

I've just had the most wicked idea. I happen to have a full list of JWs names and addresses from around here and other congs. I may have to be 'helpful' and send these extra corrections to them annonymously, of course!

I wonder if they'll wonder where they came from?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Actually, it was a poster on another forum (CARM) that kinda tipped me off. He was writing the WTS about the 'naos' thing in the Climax book - seemingly unaware that the thought had been updated in 2002.

It got me checking whether this was included in all those corrections. Astonishingly, it wasn't!

• V
    V

Great find! Bookmarked.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I bet there is other stuff they missed too.

There is no mention of the generation change in the corrections. Does that mean the generation was never mentioned in the Revelation book?

And the "vindication of Jehovah's name" - was that never mentioned in the Revelation book either?

Haven't done a search, but it is hard to believe there is not some "old light" on those issues in Revelation book.

Oh, I think there is probably a lot they missed.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit