Hi!

by sarahbear76 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sarahbear76
    sarahbear76

So I just registered and I thought I should say something about myself instead of just lurking about. I'm 21 years old and I left the the JW's when I was 18. I was born into the religion so it's been really hard getting use to things. My story is pretty complicated and for some safety reasons I can't say to much. My dad left the "truth" when I was 15 after 2 nervous breakdowns, I followed shortly after but then returned a couple times because I couldn't cope with feeling so loney with out the association of the younger ones in the Hall. However after much studying and digging a few things came to light and I left for good 3 years ago.

My family and I picked up everything and moved in the middle of the night 8 years ago, when we found out that elders in the hall had tapped our phone, and the mailman (he was an elder) started to deliver our mail opened. Despite that my parents still tried to make a go of it at the new hall, however as we found out the problems went much deeper then suspected. My mom just recently stopped going. No one has been DF'd yet we are just laying low and minding our own business haha. The peace and quiet is nice. If you want to know more or have any questions, or want to share you're story with me please do, I would love to hear from you. Thanks for listening :)

Sarah

• Funchback
    Funchback

Welcome sarabear76!

Glad to have you...and no one is going tap your phone here!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the board. Hope to hear more from you. Pretty brave girl at such a young age.

purps

• free2beme
    free2beme

Welcome to the board! Those crazy elders, never a shortage of things they do that make you go "What the?" Plenty of backgrounds to draw from here, hope you enjoy.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Welcome to the forum sarahbear76

You wrote:

when we found out that elders in the hall had tapped our phone, and the mailman (he was an elder) started to deliver our mail opened.

Are you serious??? They actually tapped your phone? How did you know it was them? Did your family notify authorities? I don't know what the Canadian laws are for that, but here in the U.S. it is illegal - big time for someone to do that to someone else. I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but I just found that amazing and, I am curious.

Best Wishes to you. Hope you stick around a while.

Arthur

• bubble
    bubble

Hi Sarahbear and welcome to the forum. I hope you will never feel lonely here, you now have many friends.

I'm glad you and your family are out of the org, it's the best decision you all made.

Love Marie. XXX

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Hi Sarah nice to have you with us.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Sarah, and welcome to the forum

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Welcome Sarah! And as "purplesofa" said, you are very brave to face the decisions you have made. You will feel as though a heavy weight has been lifted from your shoulders. You are needed here because all of us need each others help and support.

Nevada-

• girasole
    girasole

Welcome Sarah!

Thank you for your post and sharing a piece of your story. Look forward to hearing more.

Girasole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit