I Was in a Bad Collision

by Amazing 48 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Wow! I'm glad your injuries are not severe. It could have been much worse. Rest up and pamper yourself. After a shock like that you will need it.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Amazing,

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Thank goodness you are ok!! Kepp us posted as to how things are going.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• AlanF
    AlanF

Bummer, Jim! Glad you're ok!

AlanF

• JeffT
    JeffT

Glad to hear you're not hurt too seriously. That could have been much worse.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks everyone, for all the good comments and wishes ... and yes, the nurse too! It was my first injury accident in a vehicle in my forty years of driving ... so ... if I maintain that average, then my next accident will not happen until I am 95, if I still have my license by then.

I am even more sore, black, blue, red, purple, green, and yellow than I was Friday night right after the accident. I have severe bruises in places that I did not know were injured. I am more stiff, and still swollen in many places. My chest and rib cage hurt from the airbag. The airbag smoked and made the car smell like it was on fire ... so in my instant self-preservation, I beat my front door open so I could escape. It was not until I was out that I realized the smell was the airbag. I have everything photgraphed for future use ... maybe when I am done, I can post it all here for entertainment.

Thanks again for all the nice wishes,

Jim Whitiney

• juni
    juni

Hi again Jim. You probably are already familiar w/this, but just in case you're not. Don't sign off on a release for a settlement for your injuries until you know that you are all right. You want to be protected in case you have something that stays around and pains you.

Juni

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I can post it all here for entertainment

entertainment?

I think when you post them we will be even more amazed at your survival

• greendawn
    greendawn

With so many cars on the road a moment of absent mindedness can lead to an accident, so I don't really blame other drivers unless they are drunk or systematically careless. It can happen to anyone. I was involved in six or seven minor accidents but was at fault in only one of them.

I hope you get well soon.

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((Jim))))))So glad your safe though sore(((((HUGS)) does that mean you wont be at PA Oct 20th???

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm glad you are okay Jim. You should have a few drinks and just take it chill for a while.

Really enjoy your posts.

Shel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit