What Small Business Would You Start/Buy If You Had The Capital?

by Stephanus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Stephanus wrote: "Another thought is to start an art materials supply shop. I actually did a year at art school, believe it or not! I love going into those shops and seeing racks of brightly coloured paints, pencils and pastels."

YOU're talking my language, not so much starting the business part, but LOVING to go into Art Supply Shops and hang out and just drool over all the colors and markers and pencils and even the big paper, and even the drafting tables, and and and... it's been so long... and Rapidograph Pens, my FIRST LOVE!!! ;-D and I'm no artist either... well, as a kid I was a BIG wannabe...

--------------------

Other great replies, too... roadside chili stand, lol.
    Book stores, yeah!
    Garden shops and paradise earth, absolutely, why not!
    Alternative currency... how about the Liberty Dollar?

-----------------

And THIS ONE I loved... so glad somebody else thinks of it too:

"OR, I'd open a vegetarian drive-thru restaurant." (hemp lover)

I can't tell you how long I've envisioned just exactly that, DRIVE-THRU Raw Veggies/Fruits/Carrot-Juice, all ready to go! We'd even sell WHOLE WATERMELONS and have PRODUCE DELIVERY. People could either drive-thru or come in to shop (7/11 size building, or like a small bank w/Drive-Thru Lanes), and we also would deliver to elderly or shut-ins, busy-moms, etc. BETTER FOOD EASY FOOD!

-----------------

Great Topic for a Thread.
    /AG

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

ohhh, love the idea of a vegetarian drive-thru. What a rockin' idea!!! I don't know how many times I've wanted a drivethru that offers healthy alternatives (not just lettuce bluhhh).

I own a photography business, had a studio, hated it, now work strickly on-location and it is the best life I could ever imagine. I wouldn't choose to do anything else, no matter how much money I made.

HS

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I'd like to have a wedding planning business that catered to all budgets.

Sounds like somebody's not entirely impressed by what's already out there...

Small businesses are a thing of the past in the USA. All of the small stores have been taken over by Home Depot, Wall Mart, Sam Ash music, Guitar Centers. Office Depot. Block buster.

There're always niche markets that are unprofitable for the big boys to pursue

YOU're talking my language, not so much starting the business part, but LOVING to go into Art Supply Shops and hang out and just drool over all the colors and markers and pencils and even the big paper, and even the drafting tables, and and and... it's been so long... and Rapidograph Pens, my FIRST LOVE!!! ;-D and I'm no artist either... well, as a kid I was a BIG wannabe...

Those places are great for just spending hours browsing.

Alternative currency... how about the Liberty Dollar?

It was the Liberty Dollar that got me interested in the private minting/alternative currency idea. The big weakness in the Liberty Dollar, IMO, is that it is pegged to the US dollar. So when silver and gold climbed in price recently, the Liberty Dollar had to be devalued. Whereas an ounce of silver used to back ten Libertys and an ounce of gold backed 500 libertys, now an ounce of silver backs twenty Libertys and an ounce of gold backs 1000 Libertys. I think the Phoenix Silver Dollar is better thought out - it simply allows the silver to float against the $US, and issues paper currency representing fractions of ounces or large numbers thereof. I'd like to see a similar gold backed currency, and I don't mean the e-gold types that are headquartered in tax shelters like the Caymans and the island of Jersey!

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I'd like to see a similar gold backed currency

Yeah...in the new system!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Yeah...in the new system!

The Dub kingdom is based on the worst fiat currency ever. You hand over all your good stuff (your hard work, your money, your lifestyle, etc) on the basis of a promise to be paid in full in a new system that just ain't coming. FDR had nothing on The Judge!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey Stephanus, thanks for that opinion about the Liberty Dollar. I was at their site again earlier tonight but was too tired to really get into the details. I wondered about the connection to the US dollar because what good will Liberty or any other dollars be once the US Dollar crashes? (which they have purposefully set it up to do just that).

Have you ever read or heard of the book, "The New Economic Disorder" by Larry Bates? I've been reading it this week. He has a radio show on the net (which I've never heard, but I've seen him on TV). He says just stock up on the "real thing" (gold, silver, etc.) because it's the only thing that will help when it all goes under.

He was formerly of the Tennessee House of Reps until he figured out they were all crooks. So then he went into banking as he thought that was a good honest business, 'til he found out it wasn't. Then for the last 20 years or so he's been educating people about the crooked and corrupt Federal Reserve and our entire money system which he calls our US dollars [federal reserve notes]: "IOU Nothings." LOL. That's about what they are worth, exactly. Nothing but paper.

/AG

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would like to expand my business to rival Amazon.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit