What Small Business Would You Start/Buy If You Had The Capital?

by Stephanus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

I'm with you on this one Warlock Morlock First I would contact a financial planner and learn how to invest my money so that it would make money. Then.......

I would travel and forget owning a business. It's such a hassle w/taxes, employees, etc.

Juni

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Then you enjoy the rest of your life.

Even if it's an account only paying 5%, your still making $250,000 for doing nothing.

Being forcibly retired at my age because I'm mildly bipolar, and probably borderline Asperger's, "doing nothing" is pretty much what I do now. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the only person silly (and patient) enough to employ me, would be me. Starting and running a business would be a way for me to "pay back" the community that's supported me and my family, and also a way to creatively engage with that community. I need a challenge, and being able to start a small business, with a little back up capital behind me so as not to put too much pressure on in the start-up stages, is as close to paradise on Earth as I can visualise, at this stage.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I would start a plant/nursery/garden center.... used as a meeting place for ones to come, enjoy each others company, with a cup of coffee and a muffin. Where an exchange of information takes place on planting, design, etc. while sitting on a purplesofa~

I have worked at two nurseries........I Loved it. I for one, really want to make the Earth to look like a paradise.

purps

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Good idea in my opinion. The world loves fried chicken Steph. I live in a small ski town, we need one bad.

You're soooo right; everyone needs fried chicken!

Having had an interest in ancient coins and artifacts for years, I would love to rekindle my childhood desire to have a coin and book store.

That's an area I have a small interest in, as well. For me, it's a toss up between a coin shop, a private mint, or trying to invent a whole new privately issued currency...

And, on the side, a steakhouse/chili stand.

Now you're speakin' my language!

I'm working on projects which makes the lives of animals better.

I'm working on a kind of cage that folds up, has hammocks and sets up in seconds. Better than iron bars. First ofcourse I'm thinking of cats. Toby was the perfect cat. I bet all the cats in the world would like it. Biil Gates got his computer in every home? Why can'we get a habitat in every home?

Hey anything that makes pussycats' lives better is a noble pursuit. (Like they really need easier lives! LOL ) We cat owners just love to spoil our moggies. Great to see some entrepreneurial spirit, even in cradle-to-grave Europe!

The beauty of retail is that it is cash in hand most of the time - much better than businesses where you are always pushing customers for payment of invoices.

Exactly right; I can't think of anything worse than chasing up "doubtful" debts!

I think I would cater to the wiccan and witch community. In my area there aren't any really good places to pick ah, supplies up. There are a few metaphysical shops that sell tarot cards and good books, incense... but not much more.

"See a need and fill it" is the business mantra. Such a shop would also be a great Dub repellent! LOL A tobacconist's shop next door would pretty well guarantee you'd see no Dubs for a long time.

• juni
    juni

Stephanus said:

I need a challenge, and being able to start a small business, with a little back up capital behind me so as not to put too much pressure on in the start-up stages, is as close to paradise on Earth as I can visualise, at this stage

After you explained your situation, I understand better why you feel this way.

Only thing I can say is that frying chicken places are great, but working in them plays havoc w/your skin because of all of the grease. I've known of others who did this and had to quit.

The art material supply store sounds cool to me. And you could give perhaps some lessons in art? Now that would be fulfilling!

If I had to choose a business, it would be a floral shop. I would have Bronzefist be my delivery man and 2 other employees would be grunts for the dirty work. I would do the design work and ordering and I'd have someone else do the "books" for taxes, etc.

Juni

• Panda
    Panda

I'd get one of those check cashing kiosks. Park it where all the friday pay people pass by. That way you'd never forget what paycheck to paycheck is like; and if you get robbed it's no big deal you'd have the $$/insurance to cover your ass.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Look at my avatar and tell me what Toby is in. It's a super pet carrier.

Geez avengers.....I always thought it was a cat with strapped-on wings!

I think I'd do a hot dog stand with different varieties: wieners, bratwurst, kielbasa, Italian hot sausage, etc.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

A house flipping business.

• barry
    barry

A gold mine would be my objective Ive heard about Lassiders Gold somewhere in the outback if i only knew where it was and it would be a great adventure too.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wouldn't mind having one of those fresh poultry shops, like Lenards. But I probably wouldn't be able to run a Lenards; the inability to follow others' rules that rules out ordinary employment pretty well rules out being a franchisee too. A fresh seafood shop appeals to me too. I'm not too sure why - except for salmon, sushi and oysters, I don't care much for seafood or fish! I guess it's another of those display things - fish and seafood look so good on ice in those display cabinets. I wouldn't be able to stand selling anything live, like crabs or lobsters, however!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit