YOU MUST WATCH THIS TONIGHT IF YOU CAN!!!

by Gill 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Do you wonder about the 'Apocalypse of Peter'?

We are aware of doom mongerings and masses of prophecys that regularly have occured in the distant and not too distant past. Why should they apply to us now? Why should we even believe and listen to them?

As Purps said earlier, people seem to view the Bible as some sort of film script to act out. Perhaps they never realised that they were just as free to ignor the whole thing.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think we will be watching this, we don't plan on going out tonight. Neither of us particularly believe the bible, but it's not beyond the bounds of imagination that there are crazies out there who might try to influence it's fulfillment in some way.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

That is such bad scheduling - they just assume that someone who watches the X Factor on ITV would not be watching anything intellectual don't they!

Not that I am interested in the X Factor you understand! I have a visiting 11 year old!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Throughout history countless people have predicted the end of the world and they all have one thing in common: They were all wrong.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think John may have discovered LSD before the modern world did.

Ken P.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

er..that's not all too surprising

I think I should point out that the Jews do not believe in the New Testament whatsoever, and the Muslims have their own ideas about Jesus.

Hence, at least Israel as a Nation would not be using "Revelations" as any sort of unconscious or conscious "script"

my 2 cents

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

:Tony Robinson is more of a deep thinker than you might guess

He's looking to buy up real estate

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dido

Check out preterism. It's the theory that the revelation book was fulfilled in and around the first century - http://freebooks.entrewave.com/freebooks/docs/2226_47e.htm

S

• greendawn
    greendawn

I thought it was only the adventist religions that were obsessed and hysterical about an end coming in the very near future but it seems other groups are trying to make something out of it. However it's always USA groups that have this inclination for immediacy.

• badboy
    badboy

I INTEND TO WATCH IT THE MOMENT IT CAMES ON!

I HOPE ITS INTERESTING!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit