YOU MUST WATCH THIS TONIGHT IF YOU CAN!!!

by Gill 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Badboy - Judging by the amount of write up in the Radio Times, it should be!

• badboy
    badboy

ITS LESS THAN 10 MINUTES TO GO.

ITS SEEMS SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THE UN SECRETARY GENERAL IS THE ANTI-CHRIST HIMSELF!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    TS SEEMS SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THE UN SECRETARY GENERAL IS THE ANTI-CHRIST HIMSELF!

Nah, he's not smart enough. He couldn't even cover-up his own son's involvement in the Iraq Oil for Food kick-back scandal.

• badboy
    badboy

VERY INTERESTING,BEEN WATCHING IT!

• Gill
    Gill

Wow! Amazing!

And now...I think I understand. Maybe not completely but far more than before.

The website that you may want to look at for more information is :

www.channel4.com/believe

I'll post my notes on this programme tomorrow if anyone's interesting but it was absolutely fascinating.

• badboy
    badboy

THERE ARE MANY ENDTIMERS WHO BELIEVED THAT ISRAEL IS ESSENTIAL TO THE ENDTIMES.

It also said that endtimers don't believe in enviremental issues because they expected the Almighty to come back and sort the enviroment out.

Some believe that the GREAT TRIBULATION WILL HAPPEN AFTER ARMAGEDDON,THEREAS OTHERS BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE ARMAGEDDON.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I thought the program was very very interesting.

I know a couple of born again christians whose views seem a bit extreme. Some of it seemed a bit similar to the Witto's but overall I thought what they were saying seemed to fit in with bible phrophecy much better then anything the JW's say.

The Wittos are so vague about the king of the north, flip flopping on the wild beast/UN etc.

It is very worrying that these 'End Timers" have so much say and power in the world.

however, I personally don't subscribe to their views at all - oh there goes my chance of being caught up in the Rapture, the great tribulation must be coming for me!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

This thread raises an interesting question: If Christians in the 21st century would try to initiate fulfillment of Revelation, would Christians in the 1st and 2nd centuries have also done similar things? For example, when Rome burned, Nero, an eyewitness, blamed Christians. Tacitus, writing 50 years later, blamed Nero. Surviving records of the time showed that Christians were frequently charged with other acts of civil disobedience. Christians were shown to be responsible for the burning of the famous library at Alexandria and the murder of Hypatia, its director. So, how likely is it that Christians were responsible for the burning of Rome, trying to kickstart Armageddon? Or was Rome just picking on the Christians?

• Gill
    Gill

It was interesting to hear the theory that the book of Revelation was a book sort of writtn in code at the time.

The 7 headed beast was the Roman Empire of which there had been 7 Emperors so far at the time.

The Mark of the Beast without which people could not buy or sell, was money, as the coins had the head of the Emporor on them.

The number '666' was part of Early Jewish mysticism in whihc they substituted numbers for letters and actually meant 'Nero'.

Also, the authorship of Revelation is in fact not certain as the style of writing differs from the letters of John.

Around the cave in which John is supposed to have written the 'Revelation' grow (forgive my spelling) the Amanta Masharia - or 'Magic Mushrooms' which induce hallucinations. These are dried and made into a tea. Could explain the strange beasts of Revelation.

There was far more in this programme. Just say if you want to know more. It was a fascinating and eye opening programme!

• girasole
    girasole

Gill,

I'd really like to hear more! I'm checking out channel 4 to see if there's a way to download it. I wish that they'd broadcast that program in the US - but somehow I doubt they will.

girasole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit