What Message is the GB Giving Mature Ones at Bethel With a Massive Lay Off?

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really see this down sizing as a major turning point in life there at Bethel. Think of the implications.

Many 'mature one" there at Bethel have developed relationships with many of the "mature ones" that were given the boot out of bethel. These ones will no doubt keep in touch thru letters and phone calls, as time goes on and many will experience hardships, word will get back to those at bethel. This no doubt will open the eyes of many about the true nature of the GB, as not spiritual men who follow christ, but simply corporation leaders, trying to save a few bucks at the expence of those who have devoted themselves to decades of loyal service. Life at bethel will never be the same anymore, loyalty to the GB will continue to erode.

When I was thier in the mid 70's there were already many that used to poke fun at the GB and the rules liad down for bethel service, when the big apostacy hit in 80 many who formenrly were not afriad to voice negative comments about WT policy went into retreat for fear that they too would suffer the same fate as Franz and others. Now with this new down sizing thing I'm sure any respect that older ones may have had for the GB has vanished, while they may be very cautious about voicing it, I'm sure it will show up in many ways that will turn bethel into a place lethargy and ill will.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

What a farce all of this is! Yet, go to any district or circuit assembly and Bethel Service is still held out as being a worth while career for young ones.

• sf
    sf
    "why doesn't the WTS despite its billions of dollars of property doesn't help the many widows orphans and poor among its loyal members?" I knew that as far as the local dubs were concerned there was indeed no care for the poor among them, because "jehovah's organisation is not a charity"{{exactly...once you turn over any donation, you will never see any of it DONATED BACK TO YOU IN TIMES OF NEED}} and "pray to jehovah to help you".

It is becoming increasingly apparent, almost transparent, that NEW YORK WTBTS CORPORATION IN REAL ESTATE {A.K.A. BOOK PUB CORP...LOL!} ****MAY**** be "contributing" JW contributions {A.K.A. CHARITABLE DONATIONS...LOL!} to entities other than strictly for the WORLDWIDE PREACHING WORK {A.K.A. SUPPORTING U.N. CHARTER...LOL!}, among possible military entities.

sKally

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that an interesting thing about this is that the WT's mortal 'enemy' is the Roman Catholic Church. When a person is too elderly to work anymore as a Priest, brother, Nun, sister, they retire to a place that is provided by the church. They are cared for and have medical needs met. And yet the JWs, who basically boot them into the world when many are too old to find a new career-think they are the true religion. PFFFFT.

• sf
    sf

I taped up one of the child abuse awareness fliers I have, featuring BETHELITE JESUS CANO, on the Catholic Charities front window this weekend. {Also at the kingdom hall, laundromat, gas pump, police substation, strip mall and grocery store}

To the flier, in Sharpie ink, I added: "Jehovah's Witnesses also have EPIDEMIC CHILD ABUSE and HARBOR PREDATORS. Do YOU care?"

The flier also has key websites. It's up in my 'posting/ topic history' if any are inclined.

sKally

• skyking
    skyking

The Dumbo project come to my mind to house all the workers for the future exspanse

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well if the story of Ted J. is true( I beleive it is) and he is flying off to get "extra special" treatment for his heart condition, what a sad double standard. No doubt he is one of the main GB members that is responsible for the decision to let go many of these "mature one" because they are an expensive burden (healthcare,and decining vigor,(they can't get their pound of flesh so to speak)).

Woundn't it be fair to just give him the barest treatment in order to save money for the WT corparation, after all he's old and no doubt his poor decision making ability is a major factor in the WT losing members and money. If they just put all the old useless GB out to pasture with the rest of the "mature ones" think of the money the WT would save. These are desperate times for the WT and desperate times require desperate measures, like chopping off "ALL" the dead weight encluding all the dead wieght found in the GB. They talk so much about "self sacrificing" well maybe they need to pratice what they preach and give over the reigns of power to some that are much younger and full of fresh ideas, becuase they are appearently old and senile and stuck in a mental rut so familar with old age and hardening of the arteries leading to the brain.

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

I spoke to the po's wife the other night after the branch letter from the KM was read to the cong. She and her husband are both at Bethel with over 20 years of time each. She said that they were concerned and a "little" afraid that they might get "the call" as she put it. I asked her to elaborate a little and she said that when the decision has been made to "re-assign" someone...they get a phonecall instructing them on where and when they have to meet Bethel higher ups to discuss their future. My....how loving!!!

ec

• M.J.
    M.J.

This might show many in the congregations that Bethelites are no more spectacular or close to God than anyone else.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Yet, go to any district or circuit assembly and Bethel Service is still held out as being a worth while career for young ones.

Not really. The essence of your statement is true, but they absolutely avoided allowing young people to say they had a goal of Bethel service in any interviews or demonstrations. CO and DO do not include Bethel in goals for people to set. Otherwise, yes, it is still mentioned in a person's resume to make us respect a person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit