Physical attributes in men and women

by greendawn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

love2

I don't thing it is a turn off if a little weight is gained. Actually most men don't like extremely skinny girls where there is nothing to grab but dry bones. We have no problem with a little weight, ....... keeping in mind as men age it's almost enevitable we also gain weight ( beer belly ) which is almost impossible to get rid of.

It is a turn off though when a person gains a lot weight and doesn't do anything about it.

It's selfish to do so and putting the burden on the other mate to accept him or her as their are.

It would be nothing but lazyness

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    I want to ask you guys out there--over 40 years, if as you age--do you put less emphasis on looks? And also to you guys--I have put on a little weight although I carry it well, it makes me feel very self-conscious; how important is a woman's weight if she is attractive and takes good care of herself? Reason I am asking--I try to walk a mile every day, drink a lot of water, and eat pretty healthy, non smoker and all that--but I am fighting with the scale--is being a little overweight a turn-off? There is SO MUCH stress in the media, in magazines etc. for a woman to be thin.

I'm over 40... so I am qualified to answer this.

I, personally think that 'the media' is all screwed up - trying to push on us what they perceive as the 'ideal' size of person. I don't pay attention to what the media spews forth as 'ideal'.

I prefer to see a gal with a bit of 'meat' on her bones. It ain't healthy for gals to walk around looking like Miss Twiggy. (Okay - _that's_ gonna 'date' me...)

My wife - she continues to moan about how she looks 'fat'. I am always (which gets annoying for me) having to reassure her that she looks great - and I don't think that she is 'fat'. She isn't. She may be a few pounds over the 'ideal' weight for her size - but she looks great!

I think that part of the problems that folks have is with what is put into foods these days. Ever look at the ingredients? Next time you are shopping - look. See how many food items that you buy have 'High Fructose Corn Syrup' in them. I feel this is the cause for a lot of obesity that we see these days. The body can't properly digest thngs like this.

Anyway... those are my thoughts... for what it's worth. Course... I'm ancient.

Regards,

Jim TX

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I was only kiddin earlier of course

Looks count but someone who laughs at my lame jokes is far more important

BM

• Sirona
    Sirona

At the very outset, its always physical, but very quickly (I'd say in the first 10 minutes of meeting someone) it becomes different. For me, I do feel that physical attraction *has* to be there, but it isn't about a particular physical feature...its more about that *spark* of the whole package - for instance the feeling of butterflies in your belly when you know you are going to see them or how comfortable you are with them or how much fun you have with them.

Sirona

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am not keen on skinny women - posh spice Victoria Beckham to me is now a total turn off - at one time she was the best looking of the Spice Girls

• delilah
    delilah

Of course I noticed my husband's brown eyes, they twinkled and danced, when he smiled at me. Then I noticed he had big, sexy hands. For some reason, any guy I ever dated, had to have nice, big hands.

I've always liked the bigger guys too, They seemed more funny, warm and kind.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I believe at first there is a physical attraction and as a relationship is nurtered things grow just like a beautiful garden. As a garden needs to be tendered to be beautiful so does a relationship. If you let yourself go and are not keeping yourself up your mate may lose interest. I am not talking about physical size here as I have seen very beautiful and physically attractive people whose personality was so narcisistic and nasty that they were ugly. I also have seen some quite large folks that have a beautiful smile and a wonderful personality that makes you feel so good to be around so pretty is as pretty does. Just some of my dumb thoughts.

Ham

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I think you have to have the whole package to make it work.

Physical attraction is important or there won't be chemistry between you.

Having compatible personalities, senses of humor, goals in life, and just being able to talk to each other is important. Otherwise you will run out of compatibility late in life when your looks have diminished.

That butterfly feeling is awesome, but can sometimes distract you from paying attention to the other important stuff.

Of course, this is just stuff I'm learning along the way and I clearly no expert.

• Brigid
    Brigid
    I feel very lucky.

*sigh* me too, sweety.

When I would lurk about Daystar's posts, it's like I could've written them myself. I saw great knowledge and wisdom (interspersed with some tantalizing naughtiness). And when I saw pictures of him from that first crawfest...I thought--wow! Then when I saw him in person....I was done for. But for us, I believe, far more was at play than the aforementioned. But the physical attraction was absolutely necessary.

but I digress....where was I....oh yes

I think the initial postulation in this thread is accurate. Men, for whatever reason do need the visual attraction moreso than women. I think it has a lot to do with evolution and biological and social dynamic of procreation. Just as women are programmed, yes, to be attracted to power in the male, which in our era translates into money and power suits.

The above only applies the most, I think, when people are only in tune with the mundane, which is okay and keeps our world functioning smoothly.

~B.

• daystar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit