I'm afraid

by lola28 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This really concerns me! Don't wait another MOMENT before getting her to the ER!!!! What could happen? You COULD find out it was nothing after all and be relieved.....OR you COULD discover that this is something that needs to be tended to immediately!

Don't mess around with this!

A couple of months before I had a major stroke....I woke up during the night and my right arm felt like it was "asleep" and it had that tingly feeling in my fingers. I went back to sleep and didn't worry about it. Then I suffered two strokes within a few days.....and came VERY close to death. These might have been avoided had I checked out that numbness and tingling from before. I just didn't KNOW!

The fact that it keeps re-occuring on her makes me very suspicious! PLEASE do not let anyone put this off any more.....if it IS stroke-related.....it could be more than pesky---it could be extremely serious because damage has already begun.

MAKE SURE TESTS ARE DONE ASAP AND YOU GET SOME ANSWERS!!!!!

Give her a hug from Annie....and keep one for yourself....

Annie

• Legolas
    Legolas

Take her to the hospital...It could just be a pinched nerve.

Take care

• lola28
    lola28

~sigh~

They don't know what's wrong, we went tp the ER and they said that she needs to see a neurologist (duh) only problem is that they can't get one ASAP, the doctor in the ER said it could be anything because there are "hundreds of disorders out there and I don't know what this is." He went on to say that it could be something that would go away and never happen again or it could be something more serious like MS ( thanks for telling me that, because having that in the back of my mind really makes things better!), I am waiting to hear back from her doctor but from what I've been told this morning they think she should go to the childrens hospitals ER because MAYBE a neurologist will be able to see her ASAP there, otherwise we have to wait until next week.

Lola ( of the freaking out class)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

How is she doing now Lola?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

lola

Please keep us informed, we will be thinking of you both.

I hope that the doctors can get to the bottom of this very quickly, and your sister will soon be on the road to recovery.

love

Linda

• lola28
    lola28

BSM- same as last night, minus the pain they gave her a pretty strong dose of motrin so that's holding her for now. Thank you all for your concern, it means alot.

Lola

• Nellie
    Nellie

(((((hugs)))))

• Sirona
    Sirona

Lola,

Your sister is in my thoughts and so are you, I really hope things work out OK,

Hugs

Sirona

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

You and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers.

"They don't know what's wrong, we went tp the ER and they said that she needs to see a neurologist (duh) only problem is that they can't get one ASAP, the doctor in the ER said it could be anything because there are "hundreds of disorders out there and I don't know what this is." "

Sounds like the ER docs have ruled out heart and/or stroke complications which (I assume) would lead to immediate hospitalization in intensive care. If they are referring/deferring you to see a neurologist, I hope not so much a life-threatening medical emergency then? It could be - as others here have suggested - a pinched nerve.

Are you in a small town or rural area where your hospitals don't have an neurologist on-staff?

• bavman
    bavman

Sorry to hear this...(((((Hugs)))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit