I'm afraid

by lola28 32 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Lola:

I have trained as a nurse. Your sister should be immediately taken to the ER to rule out the possiblility of a stroke or a heart attack. Yes, it is rare in young people but it does happen. I know personally of two cases where it happened to young people in their 20's. With your sisters heart history this would be of even more concern. I can't believe your doctor told you to wait! He is not a good doctor. Given your sister's history, he should have sent you to the ER immediately with those symptoms. If a stroke is ruled out, a neurological exam can be scheduled. (They would probably do this in the ER anyway, before releasing her). The important thing is the sooner she is treated the more the damage can be mitigated. Time is of the essence. Even if her symptoms have gone away this can be a symptom of a greater attack being iminent. Again, this can be prevented with immediate treatment. Let us know what happens.

Cog

• greendawn
    greendawn

I hope it all works out well for your sister, as most people said it will be ideal to go for some detailed tests given her medical heart history. It's sad when so young people have to suffer pain instead of enjoying life.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hope for all of the worry to be for nothing, Lola... it could be nothing more than stress and a pinched nerve, but I agree with the rest... with her history of serious heart conditions, get thee to thine ER!!!

Keep us posted! Our thoughts are with you.

• KW13
    KW13

Lola go to ER now - doesn't sound like anything i've heard before.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Fear comes from not knowing. Let the doctors go through the tests and eliminate the most fearsome possibilities (stroke, blockage), and then they will start looking for other things. That's what doctors do. They rule out the scariest first.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Definitely go to the Dr. pronto.

My first thought was pinched nerve. From what I've read it can cause excruciating pain.

Take care of your sis and tell her we're thinking about her.

• avengers
    avengers

Please keep us informed as to how things are turning out.
    We are really worried.
    You said she had a heart surgery at five?
    It could be related.
    But I'm not of any kind of medical staff.

Take good care.

Andy.

• dido
    dido

Your doctor sounds incompetent. I would take her straight to ER as they will find out the problem, and you won`t have to wait for a dozy doctor to get his act together, she is too young to be left for this long already, esp with her heart history. I hope she is ok, please let us know how you get on, i hate to hear of kids being ill.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((lola and sister)))

I hope that everything turns out fine. I will be thinking of you both.

love

Linda

• unique1
    unique1

Hope it all turns out ok. Let us know when you get back from the ER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit