Our first weekend as official ex-JWs

by exwitless 22 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

SOoo excited for you. Doesn't it feel amazing to be free??? Have a great weekend!

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    I'm so glad we got out before our son got much older.

That's the best part.

Now you have a thousand weekends to do whatever you want. Don't take them for granted. Never forget what your weekend used to consist of and every one will be special.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Have your horns started growing yet? Does that hurt?

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

No, but we have noticed that I seem to have a small outgrowth above my rear. Probably the start of the long barbed tail. Also, picked up some implements at Pitch-Forks-R-Us today.

exwitlesses husband out

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh wow! So Drummer boy and Exwitless are married. Now that is cool. I cannot imagine having gotten wize enough fast enough to save my first marriage. I sure do wish you all the best getting out together. I hope it goes so well for the two of you. Welcome and it is great to meet you two! I would start you an intro thread, but I was bad and only get one post a day...So here is my substitute. (Dang)

***walks away kicking rocks**

Next time...next time!

• Gill
    Gill

Have a really wonderful weekend!!!

I thought that the sheer joy and relief of not having to go to meetings, FS etc would wear off and weekends, holidays would become a burden. But NO! Nearly five years on and every evening, every weekend, every holiday feels just as wonderful as the first one, that we decided to never go to meetings again!

Life really does just get better once you are free of the Watchtower chains!

Well done and have a good one!

Gill

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Welcome to the world. The real world. The pleasures of the world and all the hope and love and joy that comes with it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Do something truly religious this weekend Go Fishing. You know for real fish. Trout are a lot of fun to catch.

That reminds me of an saying I heard recently: "It's better to go out and fish and think about God, than to sit in Church and think about fishing".

Congrats....

• Dansk
    Dansk

Excellent news! Yes, you did get out in time. I didn't and my oldest child is still in and shunning me
    Enjoy the party - the first of many to come!
    Ian
  • fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congrats exwitless, and welcome to freedom.

I'm so happy for you, and if you feel good now remember - the longer you are away from the wts, the better you will feel.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit