2007 IKEA catalogue controversy

by Scully 28 Replies latest social current

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Considering how easy it would be to locate the culprit who might have altered the photo, its doubtful that it was intentional. This is an example where a good editor would have earned his money.

Woof.

W.Once

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Anyone have a higher res verison of that pic?

• Scully
    Scully

IKEA is hardly a conservative company, considering some of its more risque commercials have been banned in North America:

Need More Space?

Time to Get Your Own Place?

Put Your Things Away

Spaghetti

Need a New Bed?

These are all hilarious commercials - even if they are a bit over the top. So it wouldn't surprise me if this catalogue pic was one of those "accidentally-on-purpose" things.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks for the larffs, scully. How do you find these things, anyway?

S

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    She said the photo was shot in Sweden, where all the dogs have human penises.

I don't think anybody would tamper with digital information -- ever -- do you?

• jstalin
    jstalin

It's not clear enough for me to really decide...

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

that sure is one well hung Whippet!

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I think this is where the term "lucky dog" originated.

• observador
    observador

People naturally have the ability to see whatever they want. What amazes me the most, though, is how easely some will convince others of what they saw. Sorry, folks, but looking at the enlarged image, I couldn't make anything of it. Observador.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    People naturally have the ability to see whatever they want. What amazes me the most, though, is how easely some will convince others of what they saw. Sorry, folks, but looking at the enlarged image, I couldn't make anything of it. Observador.

C'mon now. Nobody is saying that this is undeniable proof. It's just funny looking. You can't tell me that doesn't look like anything. It at least resembles a meatsicle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit