Did You Ever "Tell Off" An Elder or Circuit Overseer?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Glad to see I'm not alone in speaking up.

Once called to be disciplined over interfering in a committee matter and ended up exposing one elder as a major liar and told another one there that the watchtower he pushed in my face did'nt apply in this case - and it did'nt!

Another time I made a comment to an Elder whilst visiting him at home about his copy of the book of Mormon on his bookshelf. I was a mormon before and asked him whether he thought there was a difference between having books on satanism and having the book of mormon as the society says they are satan works.

Well he did,nt say too much to me but he did to the CO who was staying at his house for the CO visit. The CO called me up and asked me to come around and proceeded to lecture me on letting people read what they will because of their conscience! Well I answered forcefully that I was under the impression that it would be unwise to read the writings of those opposed to the "truth" ,and he said that they have the book of mormon at bethel so I proceeded to tell him that this was wrong ,even hypocritical to tell us not to read apostate material and then have it on the shelf themselves! When I look back there were many things I put back in my mind but in time it all came back and motivated me to question everything the society teaches.

That CO ended up leaving the society

• DocBob
    DocBob

I was an elder and I was told off by a couple of members of my congregation after I grew a beard. This was just before I stepped down and faded out.

Our whole body of elders told off a CO several years ago. The CO then sent a scathing letter about us to the Society. The Society then sent the DO to see us. What the CO didn't realize was that the DO's wife grew up in our area and we were on very good terms with the DO. When the DO showed up, he was pretty cool about all of it. He told us that we were basically right and that because of the growth in the org that they had found it necessary to "dip deeper into the talent pool" when choosing CO's than they had previously. He told us that the CO was only there two week a year and to do what we had to to get through those two weeks. He also said he would have some pointed counsel for the CO about dealing better with bodies of elders.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never told off an elder himself but criticised the teachings of the org to elders. Of course they will gang up on you and bring you before a committee and try to determine if you went apostate and no longer trust the -gasp- God appointed and directed FDS.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I once had a run in with an elder who was far too 'touchy feely' for my liking, always used to insist on shaking everyones hands on the way into the hall and with the sisters, it often turned into a hug. I didn't get the impression he was friendly, more he was lecherous.

He used to make fun of the fact I wouldn't shake his hand, and eventually I told him I thought his behaviour was innapropriate, and if someone didn't feel comfortable being touched by him, it was tantamount to abuse that he kept on doing so. He took it on the chin actually and apologised, but I think most felt I'd made an issue out of nothing.

2 years later he ran off with a 16 year old school girl from the congregation.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Once at a quick build, an elder criticised me for something or other right in front of a bunch of people. I told him to shut up. That didn't go down too well. There were other occasions that my outspokenness got me into trouble, but I can't really remember all the details now.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I was at the gas station filling up my pickup when two elders approached me. One of them was Sal, the one I hung the phone up on about 8 months ago when he told me it is OK for witnesses to lie as long as its not malicious. So they wanted to know if they could meet with me. I said:" what for?". Oh we just want to talk with you. I said there's nothing to talk about. Sal had this smirk on his face, and I saw RED!. I looked him right in the eye and called him a F&*KIN' SCUM BAG. I asked him why he never showed up after he told me he would bring the Circuit Overseer over to look at the info I had about Mexico. NO COMMENT. So I told them both, now you wanna talk to me. Too F&*kin' late I said. Where were you when I stopped going to meetings. No one called or visited. They asked if I have been visiting apostate web sites? I said, what do you consider an apostate web site? They said," someone who leaves Jehovah". I said I have left an organization. I told them in no uncertain terms that I want nothing to do with the WTS anymore. So I guess I sealed my own fate. As Sal drove off he said to me, "We'll be talking to you". I told him to go F&ck himself.

A month and a half later I was DA'd. I've been free ever since.

The Claw

• minimus
    minimus

Claw, did YOU disassociate yourself?? I get a kick out of seeing posters tell COs and elders to "go fu*k yourself".

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Minimus, A month and a half later they made the classic announcement at the meeting that "I was no longer a Jehovah's witness". I initially thought that they DF'd me. I came to find out later that they took my attitude on that occasion as proof that I wanted to DA myself.

So I guess I'm DA'd. Same difference really.

The Claw

• zev
    zev

NOT proud to say i have stood toe to toe on more than one occation and battled it out with co's do's and elders. mostly, elders. and i never cared who heard me. the only thing that really disturbed me is that i wanted TO KNOCK their lights out more than once. they really got my blood boiling.

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine beating up a body of elders and a CO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit