Service talk on changes at Bethel, layoffs, spirit of urgency

by truthseeker 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    truthseeker - Speaker said that at the symposium, the mood was one of urgency. "You could hear it in the brother's voices", he said.

I think it was mis-interpreted. It wasn't a 'mood of urgency', but rather a 'mood of panic' that was probably being heard in their voices.

dismembered - It's time to let the rocks preach. Perhaps they'd get better results, and be alot more credible & viable.

ha ha ha - I get this mental of a rock going door-to-door. The person at the house listens for a second or two, then reaches over - picks up the rock and throws it as far as they can. The rock flies through the air, and all you hear is a 'iiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee', as it plummets to the earth and hits the ground and rolls to a stop.

Regards,

Jim TX

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The fact remains that the people they are sending home are predominately middle-aged couples with a history of illness. It doesn't take a genius to see they are letting go of their future liabilities.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    The fact remains that the people they are sending home are predominately middle-aged couples with a history of illness. It doesn't take a genius to see they are letting go of their future liabilities.

You mean it is like a rich uncle throwing their brother or sister out to the poorer relatives because they don't want to pay for their medical bills after the brother and sister worked for only room and board and are of no use to them anymore. (I call that neglectful abuse)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

As I mentioned on a similar thread a month or so ago, I hope Jehovah finds these ex-Bethelites a job.

If they are really expecting to be "supported" like a clergyman in their new congregations, they are in Delusional-Land mode. Even people who feel sorry for them won't be able to give them much.

Some of the luckier ones will probably be employed by some brother with a business. Maybe some others have family who will help them out and they might get a handout here and there. For the most part, they are going to have to fend for themselves just like everybody else.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit