I can be honest here.

by RichieRich 45 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Oh Richie...go see your mom. You need a hug and she needs to know that you are safe.

lisa

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Richie,

Please, for her sake and yours, go and see her. However she's treated you, remember that it's the wts that have brainwashed her into acting that way. She's missing you, and needs to know you're safe.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Give her a big hug. She is just as much a victim as you were. She just doesn't know it yet.

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

wow richie. that's awesome. you most likely bawled because the situation with your mom is still so raw and nothing has really been dealt with.

having a mom that sounds similar to mine I say - PROCEED CAUTIOUSLY! While I do recommend returning her call or sending her a thank you card for that - I don't recommend driving over there yet. She is still going to fall back on her defensive cult mentality if any uncomfortable emotional issues come up, and I would think there's a good chance of those subjects coming up. If you'd like to keep your mom in your life for the long run I'd take it slow, and take it at a pace that is comfortable to you. Maybe try a few conversations and see how that goes.....

Dealing with people who are a in cult and irrational, you need to remember to protect yourself first. Don't open yourself up so much that they take advantage of you all over again.

just my 2 cents....

I think it's an amazing move on your mom's part to call and leave that message though. that's real progress Richie!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Part of me wants to drive straight to my parents house and hug her.

In the words of Nike "Just do it!".

She probably needs to hear something similar, too. She's hurting, and you can only do so much about that, given the mental constraints she's working under.

Even if you don't open your mouth, a hug will say more than a thousand words.

• bubble
    bubble

You know that your mum is allowed by WBTS rules to speak to you now and then. And you should be able to go and visit your parents once in a while. What they are not allowed to do is formally invite you to their home, but if you just turn up they shouldn't turn you away.

This is what I do with my parents and sister. It leaves their conscience clear and I still get to see them.

So Richie, I say go and see your mum from time to time and be a good son. She clearly would like to still be a good mum to you but the evil WBTS indoctrination has a hold on her.

Good luck. XXX

• KW13
    KW13

i think richie, that part of you has to be the mature adult one, even for your mum.

i dunno if you can see her without problems because of that, but if its possible i get the impression its what your mum wants. maybe ring her back or even just leave it.

i found it hard to forgive my mum, she kicked me out and stuff cos i got confirmed at a Church. now things are ok, i'm not gonna say it'll all end happily but as far as its on you (within reason) don't hold a grudge. your mum or dad prolly won't notice and you'll be the one feeling down and angry a lot.

you've gone through a lot, were all proud of ya here.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((((Richie))))

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Richie, your mom is leaving the door open, to some extent anyway.

It's your call. You know her way better then me or any of us.

So, whether or not you choose to go see her is up to you, but it sounds like she is keeping the door open for you, which is way more then what many others get.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Go see her Richie but be aware, shes just done a watchtower study that dealt with Brothers and sisters that have lost kids to the world. It was a very emotive study and shes bound to be feeling a little raw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit