I am a "semi-apologist"!

by slimboyfat 75 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Slim...

I did the double life thing for sometime and it just about killed me. I don't know how you do it!

I respect that you don't want to say extremely negative things about the dubs either.

Anyway keep on posting here - I think its a necessary outlet for you. Otherwise you might go crazy on us! However that could be entertaining too..hehehe

• under_believer
    under_believer

Okay then, judge me:
    * I attend almost all the meetings, assemblies, and conventions.
    * I never "comment" at the meetings, but I occasionally help my kids "find an answer."
    * I do quite a bit of "personal study."
    * I do not conduct a "family study."
    * I have been "inactive" for about a year.
    * I am technically still enrolled in the "school," but I have missed the last five of my assignments and am planning to withdraw.
    Does this make me a semi-apologist, or are you willing to make an allowance for strategic meeting attendance?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Now, now now boyz and girlz, no fighting. Okay kids, hug and make up.

I know people consider me an apologist because I don't scream "DEATH TO THE TOWER" every morning when I wake up. According to this thread, I also am the worst kind of JWD member because I cannot get worked up enough to want to skin the man and hang his head from my shower. But honestly other then women's issues and child molesters, I don't care what JWs do or say and I cannot get worked up enough to care. The reason I feel this way is because it is only the thing that still has a hook in you that causes a person to have an emotional reaction. Well the WTBTS does not have a hook in me, so I don't care.

Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't Care. Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't Care. Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't Care. The masters gone away.

To each their own

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I am incredibly curious...could someone please tell me why semis need apologists? They seem pretty straightforwadr to me.

What is there to explain? Just thought I'd ask, in case someone knew.

Teasingly,
    AuldSoul

• parakeet
    parakeet

It seems to me that SBF's stated goals are just a bit tongue-in-cheek. His opionions and observations have changed considerably since he first started posting on this board.
    If you're still stuck in the JW/exJW doorway, SBF, you have my sympathy.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Auld - apologists need semi's because they are carrying a heavy load. [slapping my knee, bent over laughing my arse off ... come on admit it, that was a good come back ]

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Aye, LG, that was worth a chuckle or two.

• vitty
    vitty

I dont know your situation or why you still attend the meetings.....................I found this topic a little bit confusing Can you say why you still go.

under believer...............are you still going because of your family............on the freeminds site, it shows how randy watters got his family out, he used the family study to do it....it was very interesting

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Vitty,

I still go because there are nice people at the meetings. Because I don't want to rock the boat with certain family members. Ditto my wife and her relations. And because I am still interested in Jehovah's Witnesses as a phenomenon and it is sometimes enjoyable to observe. Some good speakers are also a laugh.

I don't see what's wrong with that. Many thousands who attend Anglican serives probably don't particularly believe, not least of all the priests who run the show. Some probably don't even believe in God. So what is wrong with being a Jehovah's Witness who does not believe in the Witnesses?

Contrary to forum opinion, Jehovah's Witnesses are not an evil cult. They are good natured people who purportedly believe in a mixture of old fashioned values and distintive biblical doctrines.

But I think there are very few in the Witnesses who actually buy into the whole gamut of weird teachings anyway. Is there anyone left who believes in the wacky seven trumpet 1920s stuff? Or the King of the North/South carry on? And how many doubt even more fundamental things such as the chronology? And I don't think I am the only one who is almost entirely agnostic as to the Bible, God and the whole lot.

But should that mean we can't still be Jehovah's Witnesses?

I think some need to broaden their minds a little.

Slim

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Re: I am a "semi-apologist"!

I dont mind saying that initially when you began posting you did annoy me with your apologist views (although this has now been promoted to semi apologist lol). But as time has gone by I think I have either become a little more tolerant or you might have changed your approach somewhat. In either breath I enjoy reading your posts and further it is clear you are prepared to read and form your own views rather than be led. Always good in my view.

Personally I dont care whether you attend meetings or not and nor do I question your motives for doing so, in my view that is your choice and one you will undoubtedly bare the consequences for should they arise.

Semi apologist or not, you are certainly different and that should be encouraged on here.

If your ever down my neck of the woods, Id buy you a pint fella!

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit