T.V. shows you miss?

by beautifulisfree 77 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Don't forget Duck Tales (oooh oooh!)

Lol! Now the song is stuck in my head! Thundercats is a good one, too.

• Beardo
    Beardo

Robin of Sherwood - cancelled - truly criminal.

They are remaking it, but I doubt it will be as good. A bit like the poor remake of Dr Who. Mind you the original Dr Who was a bit poo as well.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

My earliest TV memories were of Sesame Street & the Electric Company (HEY YOU GUYS!!!). On those rare (i.e., VERY rare!!!) Saturday mornings that we didn't go in service, there was always the Bugs Bunny & Roadrunner Show. In the morning before school I remember the Great Space Coaster & Krofft Superstars.

Most of all I miss the programs my father & I would watch together (on non-meeting nights...of course). He would make a huge batch of popcorn & we would watch CHIPS, the Dukes of Hazzard, Ten-Speed & Brown Shoe, Hawaii Five-O..

Those were the days..

DR

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Northern Exposure

Quantum Leap

The old martha stewart show

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

1. going way back: my mother the car. the soupy sales show, captian kangaroo, the man from uncle, grorucho marx, lassie, gentle ben, the little rascals, ( think bill cosby, bought the right, and removed it from t.v. because of buckwheat , and stimie.) what a jerk bill is. but i miss bill cosby's first hit Fat albert. cannon, speed racer, twilight zone, feature creature, night shadows, and who can forget the late late show. etc . john
  • Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Three Stooges. They still come on the weekends but only for an hour of Sat and Sunday. I'd love to have every episode. I would watch them with my kids. They used to be the first thing on. My brother and I would watch the Test Pattern or Indian Head until they came on.

• daystar
    daystar

DesertRat

Ooooohh.... that took me back.CHiPs!! Hawaii Five O!! How about... HEE HAWWWW!!!

Gomer Pyle -- Sargeant Carter was a classic! His hot temper (caused by the tight uniform?) was quite entertaining. The Three Stooges: Shut up you numscals! Bewitched: We were forbidden from watching this show as kids; it has to make the list. Besides, I hear that if you turn it off, a hand will come out of your television and turn it back on, a trick that advertisers will love! Diff'rent Strokes: Whatchoo talkin bout Willis? What's Happening: Rerun! All in the Family: Archie was my favorite bigot Jeffersons: George was a classic; I loved the stupid caucasians he had for neighbors! Gilligans Island: C'mon, who could forget MaryAnne? Fantasy Island and Love Boat: What better shows for a guest appearance by the Village People? Taxi: Jim was a classic! Wonder Woman: Linda Carter is still hot! Did I forget to mention anything beyond the 1980s? Maybe that's because beyond the 80s, I found TV to be rather boring and gave it up.

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

I loved CHIPS. Fantasy Island scared the crapola outta me--Our babysitter always made us watch it w/her. I hate dolls bcuz of that show. Remember the one where the dolls came to life at night and killed people? FYI-If you are terrified of dolls, DO NOT go to House On The Rock. Really bad idea.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Bewitched

Matlock

Will & Grace

Amos & Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit