C.O. is in town, the harassment begins...

by PeachRose 46 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The WT published ONE book years ago that skimmed several religions, pointing out their faults. (I can't remember the name.)

Mankind's Search for God. I LOVED the pictures in that book. In the front there was a dude getting his heart carved out of his chest as an Aztec sacrifice; in the section on Buddhism or Shintoism there was a scroll depicting hell, which I thought was pretty fascinating. The pictures of all those gods and crazy looking hindus was quite the treat.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Typical WT propaganda. Now if they were fair, the section on the JW's would have a pyramid, Russell having the bumps on his head "read" by an expert, Rutherford with a mug of beer with whiskey shots in his hand, Franz smoking funny stuff to dream up all the "types" and "antitypes", and several mugshots of all the JW's who have been arrested for raping children. Honestly now, aren't I being fair?? But NOOOOO, all the OTHER faiths are shown as silly, scary, false, etc. Why not the WT?? How about JW's running from aluminum cookware, running from doctors with smallpox vaccinations for their children, JW's taking the polio vaccines and throwing them in the garbage, and all the other humorous things we all could think of. I'd pay good money to see the WT play fair just ONCE in their lives.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Dear PeachRose & Hubby

You're not "spiritually weak" - you are stronger now than you have ever been. Personally speaking, I would use that strength to discuss with them on the subject that they may not want to talk about i.e. 1914 failure, 1925 failure, 607 failure, UN involvement, Paedophilia issues, U Turn on Blood teachings etc. This was our strength (my wife & I) - rather than us feeling weak and inadequate, we found them (spiritual leaders) to be totally at loss to give an answer .

We are looking forward to hearing how you handled their visit, If it should arrive.

Kaytee & Twinkletoes

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

The elders avoid me like the plague. I only see them at meetings, which I attend irregularly. And I get one visit each new Circuit Overseer.

I have health problems, and I used them as the basis for my resignation as an Elder. They are real, and they are hard to endure. But a larger reason for my resignation was Elder hypocrisy and lying. I grew tired of their double standards, their appeal to their own beliefs instead of the Bible, and their self-worship.

So, how did I get them to stay away? Well, I'd been an Elder for over twenty years and I was a Congregation Servant before that. You may have heard me speak at some District Convention. I know Witness theology better than they do. I know the Bible better than they do. (Sounds haughty, doesn't it? But they simply weren't and aren't Bible students. We don't train our elders as we should, and few train themselves.)

The last elder visit (without a Circuit Overseer as "protection") was by two brothers who tried to use a verse from Romans. The application given it was a common one, but it differs significantly from what the Watchtower says. It's not uncommon for Elders to interpret verses far differently than the Watchtower does. So, I called them on it. I was polite, mostly, but very pointed. It shifted the focus of our little gathering off me and onto them.

Also, the one wanted me to "report my time." Well, guess what, brother. I'm mostly bed ridden. Did it ever occur to you, that's why I don't have much time to report? There are other issues as well. One of those being a Circuit Overseers suggestion that I "made up" the hours I reported. He said my reports were unwelcome. I took him at his word, and I just stopped reporting. I was just becoming incapacitated. I wasn't going door to door very much because I was in bed or medicated into insensibility. But I was witnessing incidentally all I could, and I had two bible studies going. So, I told them what happened. They said, "well, you shouldn't have listened to him." But they listen to Circuit Overseers and District Overseers as if their word is divine. They will act on a Circuit Overseer's opinion even when it's contrary to Society policy, or even when it's contrary to the Bible.

There was more. But the lesson is this: Put them on the spot. Make them the issue. Do it politely and truthfully. Either they can handle it, or they can't.

Me? I still reject Elder behaviour. I believe the theology, without the side issues of who will be resurrected and foolishness like that. God determines those things, and no amount of back and forth speculation will change his decision. I know our history better than most. I know what we said, and when we said it. I'm not desturbed over most of those things. But I am distrubed by elder conduct and the tendency of Watch Tower Officials to ignore the Bible when it comes to human interaction. They speak fine words. From the Governing Body down, their practice does not match what is taught.

• PeachRose
    PeachRose

Hello everyone - it's Sunday morning - so far so good. No knocks on the door or mysterious phone calls with blocked numbers. Just one more day to go and I'll be in the clear (for now at least). But I know it's only a matter of time before they come knocking on my door. I want to thank everyone for their helpful advice, comments, and suggestions. It's been great to know there are so many people out there who want to help others - I really feel I am among true friends. It's going to be a long, rough road but I know once I'm finally free my life will get better. Hugs to you all! xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxxo

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats great peach!

Old Goat..welcome! i look forward to more of your posts.

• PeachRose
    PeachRose

Hi everyone - its Wednesday and we received no surprise visits (yet). Not sure what their plans are instored for me (either they view us as in-active and will only harass every 6 months or around the memorial) or they are planning on a surprise shepard call very soon. Either way, I know I have to finalize my letter to the WT and submit it very soon. I'm really scared doing this - but it has to be done. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again for your support and encouragement! xoxo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit