• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

*sounds intriguing, checks back in a minute*

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Sure, I'll buy one!

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Well, I accidentally hit the enter button before I was finished.

Does anyone here know what to do about a spider bite? It looks like it could be a brown recluse bite but none of the symptoms except that it is really red and obviously kind of ugly. It has been there for about 7 days and only hurts slightly. No fever, vomiting or dizziness just an ugly spot.

Any obversations would be appreciated or your experiences. Hope that I didn't gross any one out.

Loruhamah

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If it is a BR you should get to a doc. The necrosis can be real bad. Did you get a look at the thing? BRs are some of the most misidentifed/diagnosed of all spiders and bites. If you are sure it wasnt a BR or BW, prolly just watch it for infection

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Recommend amputation.

Just kidding.

Peace to everybody.

LDB

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Thank you. That is the word I was looking for IP-SEC. Necrosis. There seems to be slight necrosis but not bad and it has been somewhere around 7 maybe 10 days. I don't imagine that it is a BW but am slightly concerned that it is BR. I didn't see the spider as I think that it happened when I was using the push mower the other day. So, it could just be a regular old bite. Have any of you ever been bit? (By a spider that is)

Loruhamah

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Welcome little drummer boy (my favorite christmas song of all time). I think I might get a second opinion on that. Though, I have seen some of the pictures of what a really bad bite looks like and that seems the only course of action on some of them.

Loruhamah

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Have any of you ever been bit? (By a spider that is)

yes but not by BR.

I see them very very much here in Louisiana. Hardly ever saw them in Texas. There are many brown spiders that get confused with BRs. BRs are anywhere from dark tan to chocolate to almost dark grey. They have no spines and only very fine hairs. They are also distinguished by having 6 eyes which are set at angles (like the letter V)

alt

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I was bitten by a brown recluse at age seven right on the inside of my left ankle.

and within minutes, it turned black, swole up about 3x normal size, and went numb / burned / my entire leg felt like it was being crushed.

It wasn't a BR that bit you. i assure you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit