Testing out my new Digital Camera...

by CaptainSchmideo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Played hookey from work for a little while yesterday, went to a local park to take photos.

It's a Nikon Coolpix L3, and so far, I'm pleasantly surprised! The price wasn't bad, and the pictures don't disappoint.

I hope you all enjoy....

http://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

SWEET !.. Very Nice !

,Mike

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Beautiful photos. I love the one of the bee inside the flower. Nice park as well. Where is it?
    tall penguin

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

It's called Will Rogers Park in Oklahoma City.

Soon all this green will be gone, so I wanted to catch it before it left us (for the season).

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I agree with Tall Penguin. They were all beautiful photos but especially the close up of the bee and the white flower.

Loruhamah

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Lovely pics captain - the close ups on the flowers are superbly clear. Have you thought about applying to Brooklyn to be a Watchtower cover photographer?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Naw, I'd have to take that course called "How to find God and lose your talent" ......

• greendawn
    greendawn

How many megapixels do you have, and how many megs of memory? The photos have very good colour rendition and sharp detail the lens quality must be very good.

Gone are the days when we had to buy films and if one got bad photos on them that was it. Now they can be checked, deleted, and retaken. Also one can take a lot more than 36 per film now it's hundreds per memory stick.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

It is set at a maximum of 5 megapixels. This translates to a "natural" print image of around 8x6 inches, which is slightly larger than regular snapshots, slightly smaller than portrait size. Enlarging to portrait doesn't lose resolution, if you have good light on the subject.

I use a stick of 512 Mb memory, but the camera can use bigger. This translates to 200 pictures at maximum quality. But it is a battery eater (a common issue with most digital cameras, unfortunately!)

The lens is 3x optical / 5x Digital. The camera has a lot of presets for various conditions (I took a lot of these at the "landscape" and "architecture" settings. The fountains were taken at "sports" setting for faster speed. The flowers and the bee were taken at "macro", which is a setting that truly amazes me. Those flowers were only about three inches in diameter.)

The camera was only $150.00 US. It's amazing how quickly the prices drop on this stuff. If I had waited 6 more months, I probably could get 6 megapixels for this price.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Excellent pics captain, I too love the close - ups of the flowers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit