Would this offend you, if the government made this policy

by free2beme 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Beardo
    Beardo
    thoroughly search and background check absolutely everybody for any signs of anything

Would you really want to live in a 1984 style police state, where nobody trusts their neighbour anymore?

If I for instance despised the UK & US government and encouraged other people to wake up and see that they are useless, selfish, war-mongers, does that then give the state the right to strip my place apart looking for evidence to use against me as I may be a possible terrorist?

Or, because I happen to hold hardcore Islamic beliefs and live in a town near you, would you be happy to see me carted away, strip searched and my family bothered just to make YOU feel a little more safe in the delusional fantasy world that is thrust upon us daily through the tabloid press.

I remember after 9/11, that just because I look a little foreign (olive skinned) and had a beard, that people on local transport began to eye me with suspicion. I also had a group of local youths shouting 'Osama' at me that year and laughing.

The fact is, how many people here have been directly & physically affected by terrorism? I will hazard a guess and say hardly anybody.

Whereas, how many of us here have been living under an umbrella of fear due to media brainwashing campaigns???

• Beardo
    Beardo
    It makes me angry that because of bureaucratic corruption and inefficiency, we have to NEEDLESSLY surrender some rights.

Where as, it should make you angry that they are forcing the image of a phantom Islamic terrorist network upon you daily through the joke media outlets, becasue they are happy for you to give up your rights.

Did you know that Osama Bin Laden was a former CIA asset? One of the good old boys.

Don't kid yourself, they are not as inefficient as you think. When it comes to what "they want" - "they get it".

Try not paying your taxes or stop paying for a TV license (in UK) and they will hunt you down like a dog.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

In the long run;

Does racial/ethnic/religious/national/tribal profiling reduce or increase paranoia - the real blight of 9-11?

And a key goal of terrorism by the way.

Jeff

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Beardo:

I am sorry if you were picked on or made to suffer because of your appearance. That is always tragic. It seemed there was a lot of hysteria at one point. Unfortunately, the British are rather biased against darker-type people and have a real WOG complex. I was in England years ago and I heard that expression (WOG) and asked somebody what it meant. I heard that in Australia, Greeks, Italians are considered WOGS. They might consider me one even though I am light. Whatever.

I also heard that O.B.L. was with the CIA. I am not surprised at anything I hear. While I do agree that governments have agendas, I cannot agree with your statement about a "phantom" Islamic terrorist network. I have seen the hostility and know it exists. It is no phantom.

LHG

• Beardo
    Beardo
    I also heard that O.B.L. was with the CIA. I am not surprised at anything I hear. While I do agree that governments have agendas, I cannot agree with your statement about a "phantom" Islamic terrorist network. I have seen the hostility and know it exists. It is no phantom.

'Islamic Terrorism' does exist, but not to the degree that they would have us believe. Especially within the western world. If you saw the amount of Muslims who live around here, you would half expect a bomb to be going off at every council house throughout the city if you read certain tabloids.

At a recent peace rally I attended, a man from the UK was running up and down the parade waving a SUN newspaper at us, yelling "you are the real trouble makes, you are the terrorists" ... that said it all really. A dumbed down nation, with people who just go along with whatever the media have to say.

Thanks for the thoughts concerning "looks" - I don't mind really, as I've been called all sorts over the years, its like water off a ducks back.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Deputy Dog

So true. Sometimes, despite all debate, the truth is hard to hide.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    Or, because I happen to hold hardcore Islamic beliefs and live in a town near you, would you be happy to see me carted away, strip searched and my family bothered just to make YOU feel a little more safe

Define hardcore Islamic beliefs. If you believe that Allah wants you to kill the infidel if he refuses to worship him, then yeah. I could probably go without witnessing the strip search though.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Even the one Muslim friend I do have, will tell you that people who are hardliners are something worth watching and keeping an eye on. He is Arab and says he knows people look at him closer and he expects it as long as most acts of terror are carried out by Muslim Arab extremist. Honestly if I knew an Arab who was upset about this happening, I would think that they are either ignorant to what is happening or they were hiding something.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"It's plausible that if they'd taken color out of their police work, they could have caught the man much sooner."

Interesting to know.

If they strictly rely lazily on a profile too, they are going to be made fools sooner or later. There's other evidence too ;)

That would be too much of a tunnel vision. To exclude good EVIDENCE pointing to someone who doesn't fit the "profile" and ignore it would be folly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit