Would this offend you, if the government made this policy

by free2beme 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Those who bombed London in July last year were not Arab. They were British. They are finding that many of the alleged terrorists they are discovering these days are what they have termed "home-grown." Yes, it would offend me if that sort of policy was adopted. Sounds like Hitler to me.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Funny you should ask, I was just forwarded this in an email!

History Quiz, Please Take Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual events from history. They actually happened! Do you remember?
    1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:
    a. Superman
    b. Jay Leno
    c. Harry Potter
    d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40 2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
    a. Olga Corbett
    b. Sitting Bull
    c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
    a. Lost Norwegians
    b. Elvis
    c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
    a. John Dillinger
    b. The King of Sweden
    c. The Boy Scouts
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
    a. A pizza delivery boy
    b. Pee Wee Herman
    c. Geraldo Rivera
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old
    American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
    a. The Smurfs
    b. Davey Jones
    c. The Little Mermaid
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy
    diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
    a. Captain Kidd
    b. Charles Lindberg
    c. Mother Teresa
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
    a. Scooby Doo
    b. The Tooth Fairy and The Sundance Kid
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
    a. Richard Simmons
    b. Grandma Moses
    c. Michael Jordan
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
    a. Mr. Rogers
    b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
    c. The World Wrestling Federation
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as
    missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two,
    one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed
    by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:
    a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
    b. The Supreme Court of Florida
    c. Mr. Bean
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
    a. Enron
    b. The Lutheran Church
    c. The NFL
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
    a. Bonnie and Clyde
    b. Captain Kangaroo
    c. Billy Graham
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males
    between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling. Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense. As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it, "Stupid is as stupid does."

• ballistic
    ballistic

Governments say they don't profile people this way, but I am very skeptical. On my travels recently I was waved through a lot of random check areas, and at the State line into California I opened my mouth for a few seconds and when he heard my English accent he just stepped back and told me to drive on.

Now, on a ferry crossing from France to England, there appears to be no imigration officials anymore (as we're all part of Europe), but there was a black man in the group who appeared African looking, and about 3 gaurds appeared as if out of no-where to interrogate him. (obviously still there watching cameras I guess).

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think the secret services are already discreetly doing this because the security risk is too great never mind explosives there is more fear for chemical or biological attacks. Obviously not just Arabs are a risk any Moslem may decide to join the al Quaida and some are European looking eg Iranians, Turks, Bosnians, Circassians as are many Arabs especially from Lebanon and Syria, etc If bad came to worse they will all end up in concentration camps as the Japs did in world war 2.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

The simple fact is there are six billion people in the world. There are thousands of flights each day. There are not enough "screeners" to thoroughly look over everyone, so you must narrow it down. A way to do this is profiling.

When you are dealing with a serial killer, the profile is from past cases and such, that the perpetrator will be a white male, intelligent, difficult upbring, history of instability/substance abuse etc.

The whole idea is to narrow the field. This does not mean excluding possibility of differences by any means, or having your focus so narrowed you miss those would be perpetrators who don't exactly match.

its necessary.

Common sense, use discresion, there are stories of people being detained for their appearance. Well, duh, like I said, if it was blue/blonde causing trouble, I would expect to be more closely scrutinized, and wouldn't want every other citizen to have to be put through the ridiculousness of having their sunblock stolen or tweezers taken when common sense instead of plaster rules and treating everybody with suspicion just to make it look like were not singling anyone out.

So, historically as far as I know there have been no black male serial killers, I could be wrong. So when serial murderers start happening, having that structure to work with helps narrow down to hopefully find the criminal in a vast population.

Of course, the emphasis is ridiculous too. You're more likely to die in a car accident by far in America than a terrorist attack. Why aren't they outlawing cars?

You're more likely to die from electrocution from a toaster than by flying.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"So, historically as far as I know there have been no black male serial killers, I could be wrong."

Yep, you're wrong, and so where the people looking for a man killing women along the Texas/Louisiana border area. It's plausible that if they'd taken color out of their police work, they could have caught the man much sooner.

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks Deputy Dog....I was just about to post that.

• acadian
  • Beardo
    Beardo

The Terrorists on 9/11/01 were 100% Arabs?

ROFL - there may be an element of truth there, but that hardly represents the full picture.

Kindly watch this:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7143212690219513043&q=911+mysteries

How could a rag-tag group of Arabs take out those buildings without insiders giving them a hand? Like priming the buildings with bombs to aid the destruction and then telling NORAD to stand down?

Larry Silverstein (a good old Arab name) also allowed one of his buildings to be 'pulled' (demolished) just to help maximize his insurance claims after the event. That building flopped to the floor with wicked style! A top job, down by experts who know their trade.

But of course, we all trust and adore our governments. They really look after the people and wage wars overseas that are fully justifiable.

For feks sake

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

It would not offend me, although its hard to tell what my race is, I have light olive skin, black hair and black eyes, when ever I fly alone I am always subject to more intense search, I always think that if it offends one thousand people but saves just life then its worth it. I don't mind the extra security.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit