Would this offend you, if the government made this policy

by free2beme 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Beardo
    Beardo
    I always think that if it offends one thousand people but saves just life then its worth it

You do realize that is a cliche generated by the brainwashing machine we know as the media and government don't you?

I live in a part of the UK where there are many Muslims, mostly peace loving. We have more trouble around these parts with white disaffected youths, who the police have very little power to control.

Yet, the government and police now have a policy in the UK where they shoot you first and then ask questions later based around fuk all.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Edited to delete because somebody else already made the point.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Another way to look at it is that all the al-Qaeda hijackers on 9/11 were male. Most other terrorists have proven to be male. But we have seen female suicide bombers being used against Israel and in Iraq (and I recall a married couple, I think in an attack in Jordan), precisely because they are harder to detect and would be less suspected of being a danger. If such a policy were in place, and if a definite plan was made to carry out an attack, the plan would easily minimize risk by selecting someone who would not be targeted by the policy.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, it would not offend me. And for those who ask if I would like it if it were done to me, I would tell them: "when auburn haired women go around committing acts of terrorism, I will humbly submit to being searched and would not blame anybody for profiling". But, hey, that's me. Other people are unreasonable about profiling. They reason that terrorists may not always fall into the stereotype. While this may be true, what about the majority of times?? The Israelis use profiling and I don't blame them. It is utter insanity not to use it.

LHG

• Beardo
    Beardo
    The Israelis use profiling and I don't blame them.

Yeah - the good old "Israelis" eh.

What a moral upstanding nation we have there - seizing other peoples territory, backed by the lovely Talmud/religious fanatics & international Zionists (not all Jews I hasten to add quickly, before somebody pulls out the racist card).

Funded by US war-mongers.

Seriously guys, they want you to hand over your rights to the state, and it sounds like some of your are bending over already awaiting the anal probe to arrive.

Think about what you are saying and who you are siding with here.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Offend me? Hell, no. It would give me some faith that rationality was beginning to overcome political correctness. It's absurd not to put more focus on those who are more likely to commit such crimes. It's positively stupid to ignore useful and important clues about who may be a terrorist simply to avoid upsetting those whose view of reality is warped by misplaced idealism.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Really FunkyD? I think it's stupid to believe that you'll be able to acquire, across the board, the kind of security professionals who could actually, on the one hand "profile", and on the other hand, keep adequate focus on ALL other people who might be terrorist.

What do you know about human nature that I don't, that assures you that TSA workers will be good enough comparison monkeys to do a good job of "profiling" AND evaluating ALL threats?

• Beardo
    Beardo
    It's absurd not to put more focus on those who are more likely to commit such crimes.

Yeah - good idea:

alt

That will do for starters.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

SixofNine:

Really FunkyD? I think it's stupid to believe that you'll be able to acquire, across the board, the kind of security professionals who could actually, on the one hand "profile", and on the other hand, keep adequate focus on ALL other people who might be terrorist.

Of course, without infinite time and money, decisions have to be made. Ideally (in some twisted version of the word), there would be enough security agents and equipment to thoroughly search and background check absolutely everybody for any signs of anything, but given that this is not practical, decisions have to be made. Choosing every nth person, regardless of demographics strikes me as the least effective way to deal with the problem.

What do you know about human nature that I don't, that assures you that TSA workers will be good enough comparison monkeys to do a good job of "profiling" AND evaluating ALL threats?
    Your argument here appears to be simply that the people employed to do this task would be unable to do it adequately. I'm not sure why you think this, but given that the same people are doing the job now, don't you think that they'd be able to do it at least a little better if they were allowed to use all the information at their disposal?
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Beardo:

Even if the Israelis didn't use profiling it would make sense - common sense. Something we all seem to lose when we reach adulthood and become corrupted by political correctness. It seems we are all being sacrificed on the altar of political correctness.

Just because many people believe in racial profiling it does not mean they are "ready to hand their rights over"...etc. as you suggest. It makes me angry that because of bureaucratic corruption and inefficiency, we have to NEEDLESSLY surrender some rights. No, maybe we should just go on searching grandmothers from Wisconsin just so that somebody who DOES fit the profile can feel good about himself. Yeah, all the would-be terrorists are laughing at how easy the liberal west is making it for them.

As far as the disaffected white youth in your country causing trouble, I feel sorry for them. They probably feel betrayed by seeing their country occupied by all the third worlders - an unfortunate legacy of colonialism. The chickens have come home to roost.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit