Favourite Biblical verses

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

Did you have any favourite Biblical verses as JWs or after leaving? For me it was: "everyone believing in me will have eternal life" as spoken by Jesus.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am glad you asked - These are the ones I cherish the most, Lilly

John 15:13
    Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for hisfriends

1 Corinthians 13:4
    Loveis patient, loveis kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud

Luke 17:6
    He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustardseed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"22 But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable multitudes of angels, 23 to the general assembly and assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect" Hebrews 12: 22,23: A very powerful image. That is the essence of the Christian objective a destination in heaven, and nowhere is there an earthly destination mentioned.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Actually no lol

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies. --Song of Solomon 4:5

Just kidding!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I had a few favourites while I was a jw, but not now. I don't believe the bible anymore.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Song of Solomon 8:8 " We have a little sister that does not have any breasts. What shall we do for our little sister on the day that she will be spoken for?

I used to read that to my older sister - she wasn't blessed like me...lol

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Matthew 10:37: He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

This is the scripture used to show me why my family must shun me because that's what Jehovah wants. So of course I feel a great fondness for it. It's helped me to see the light and how loving Jehovah is.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I used to quote "The rod of discipline" Proverb to my little brother when he got in trouble at the meeting. He was gonna get it when we got home so I'd poke at 'em with that one.

Although, it wasn't funny when I got in trouble.

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Since I have been out forever, I don't remember the actual scripture...but it's the one about the man tying his ass to a tree. Always made us laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit