Favourite Biblical verses

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Posted on my wall above my desk - and a firm reminder of how far afield the WTS was in theological thinking;

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus John 14:6

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

There was a time line (table of nations I think----son of * son of * son of *) I don't remember where it was exactly in Genesis but one time my friend and I were sitting together at the hall and he pointed out one of the names and it was Peleg. So we thought of Pee Leg and started crying laughing.

Needless to say, we gotta beatin' that night.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Yes, Greendawn...for 26 years, never heard this one.. didn't even know it was there!!!

I John 2:27 And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you, but one to be teaching you; but, as the anointing from him is teaching you about all things, and is true and is no lie ....

• Frank75
    Frank75

I John 2:27 And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you, but one to be teaching you; but, as the anointing from him is teaching you about all things, and is true and is no lie ....

This was a text I shared with my elderly Mother in 2002. She asked me "what are you saying? That we don't need the Watchtower?"

I said, "Mom, I never wrote this, but it was John, the Apostle". Then I read her 1 Tim 3:16,17 "All Scripture..." and said if it is inspired and beneficial and completely equips us yadyada, then what place is there for the WT?

Anyway after that futile conversation I got a call from a local JW elder who wanted me to come to a JC. I agreed to come (beard and jeans) to see who my accusers were. Guess who my lone accuser was?

So they Df'd me on my own mothers testimony and yet victims of molestation are made to produce two witnesses!

Good to be out though isn't it?

Frank75

• parakeet
    parakeet

23rd Psalm. Simple, beautiful, and moving.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

I have so many favorites.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Isaiah I:18- It goes something like " Come and let us make matters straight, say's Jehovah. Although your sins are scarlet they will become white like snow, though crimson they shall be like wool - something like that. That's a favorite of mines. Everytime I felt down and out about meeting up to all the WTS rules, I'd read that.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

• Legolas
    Legolas

"Come now all yee, and giveth all your worth to Legolas! So saith Lord Legolas, Amen!"

That's from .............Wisdom 1:1

• material BOY
    material BOY

[From Revelation 21:1-8]
    Then, I saw a new heaven and a new earth
    And I heard a great voice from the throne saying:
    "Behold the dwelling of God is with men
    He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people
    And God himself will be with them
    He will wipe away every tear from their eyes
    And death shall be no more
    Neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore