Favourite Biblical verses

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Jeremiah 44:16-18 "...we will do everything we have vowed, burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and pour out libations to her, as we did both we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no evil. But since we left off burning incense and pouring out libations to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine."

• greendawn
    greendawn

GG or BG, I don't know why the JWs use that verse since they can barely be called Christians, they equate leaving their org with leaving Christ. They are abusing the Bible.

Star Moore that is a great verse, obviously the early Christians did not look forward to a GB to provide them with spiritual meat in due season because the Paraclete was directing them in all things. No centralised body though in each church there were members gifted with teaching ability whereas others had different gifts.

alt

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

My favorite is the one that brought me to know God in such a different way.

Genesis 6:6

"The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and His HEART WAS FILLED WITH PAIN."

After reading that my heart was broken that His was broken. I then knew that God never left me like the Organization told me. Rather, I had left Him... just like those people in Noah's day. I returned to Him like the lost son in the book of John......NOT via the organization...but returned to Him via His Son Jesus. Just like he told us to.

Gold_morning

• ania
    ania

I don't have a bible anymore but i think it is the shortest verse in the bible: Jesus said "come follow me"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit