i was born into a violent abusive JW family

by ania 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh Ania, that's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for what has happened to you, but am so glad that you have made it out and that you can live your life now.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

This is why elders should not be the ones who one goes when situations like this happen. Law enforcement should always be option number one. I find it very sad that elders don't do anything about situations like this, but I would never in my wildest dreams go to them with such a horrible situation. What are they going to do anyways? They can't stop the person doing the abuse. The only logical way to handle this is going to the proper authorities, which does not include the elders in the congregation. Now before you say anything, I know that most dubs in the congregation always go to the elders first and do what the elders tell them. Like they are the one and only saviors in every situation. I always hated that, and it probably will not change as long as the jw's give them that right. Either way you put it still is a personal decision. So what if they threaten me with df or shunning me? I wouldn't care at all, the most important thing is to stop the abuse and not letting it happen again no matter what elders say about it. This is what I have a hard time with, the power that some give to the elders when they should never have that power.

• ania
    ania
    If you know his wife's initials that may help.

No i don't i guess i will have to ask my mother if she does (don't realy like to upset her). Thanks for yr input

sass_my_frass-Yes thank you, I realy do have a wonderfull life now-I'm lucky i got out young. I am the 2nd to youngest out of 7 (kids) & the older ones had to endure for alot longer than i, so 4 that i am grateful.

Also i have had the greater part of my life, to learn social skills & a few other life skills that jw world inhibits us from (social & educational wise). I made many mistakes & had many heartaches but i now live far away from past hurt, i have 2 realy great kids . My son is 13 & daughter 14, they have been raised abuse free. I live in a lovely picturesque town by the sea (finaly found our niche) & have a great circle of friends some of whom are like family & we spend xmas with them. I could never talk to them about life as a jw though, as they wouldn't understand. My kids attend a good school with a realy good support network for single parents as well as teenagers with learning, social or emotional difficulties. And now i have found a forum full of others i can identify with...who could ask for more

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is nice to hear that you have recovered so well and are getting on with your life.

I am happy you found us.

Cheers

Chris

• ania
    ania
    Either way you put it still is a personal decision. So what if they threaten me with df or shunning me? I wouldn't care at all, the most important thing is to stop the abuse and not letting it happen again no matter what elders say about it. This is what I have a hard time with, the power that some give to the elders when they should never have that power.

R6Laser...i'm not sure wot to say...i assume you are refering to my mum (as she was the adult in the situation) i have had a very hard time forgiving my mother for not doing much, much more to get us away and keep us away. I saw her as a very weak person for allowing herself & children to be treated this way. But i am not her and i don't realy know the full extent of what she went through i do know she lived in fear...& that she truely believed everything we were taught & that she was one of the 144,000 (funny that ...she is now a Bahai ).

When i was a kid i thought to myself i will never let anyone hurt my children so in many way's my parents taught me how to be a good parent : by showing me how not to be !!! The JWs taught me: to see falsehood and hypocracy in religion (including thier own).

I agree with you whole heartidly that they should NEVER HAVE that POWER to make such decisions over peoples lives and they need to be stopped, but i think the only way to do that is to educate people to be ware!!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Ania,

((((WELCOME)))))!!! What a HORRIBLE story!!! From the bottom of my heart I want to welcome you here!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit