Sad thread. my cat is dead. looking for sympathy.

by avengers 27 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

((((Andy))))

I am so sorry to hear that

Linda

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I am so sorry. I know how much a pet can add to a person's life. My GF just lost her cat to cancer. My GF is Catholic and I ended up going into St. Peters and getting a pet medal. When I went upstairs the priest was there and I spoke with him. He said the nicest prayer over the medal and was a wonderful man. It made me realize how cold and heartless JWs can be about death because they feel you should not morn lost life and especially a pet's death. But a pet is a loved one and the loss of their company is great. My heart goes out to you. I hope you are soon able to find peace in your memories of your lost loved one.

• morty
    morty

Avengers

I am so sorry for your pain. They are our family to most of us. It can be a painful journey right now but, something positive will come out of it.I cannot remember which poster mentioned getting another pet right away, but I agree with them.

There are so many animals out there looking for a new home or needing to be adopted. You could mend two hearts at once by adopting one of those lonely cats.

take care of yourself for now.

• wifey
    wifey

Hugs to you.

Losing our furry kids can be tough. We lost a beloved cat many years ago and we still miss him.

Rmember him with love.

• shera
    shera

**hugs**

• Celia
    Celia

Sorry for your loss. It takes time to get over it. As someone else said, getting a kitten would help.

Would you mind to explain what happened? you said:

I left him at home for three nights in the care of someone who now I can see doesn't give a hoot.

What did this someone do or didn't do that brought on the death of your pet?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am so sorry that your cat died . It's amazing how attached we become to our pets. We have always had pets in our home and loved everyone of them . When they die we grieve because they were part of the family . I really miss our dog that died a few years ago . I didn't think I would ever want another dog because it just would not be the same , but I just couldn't stand coming home from work to an empty house . We ended up finding a puppy about three months later , and it was the best thing we could have done . His energy eased our pain .

• Alana
    Alana

{{{{ Andy}}}}

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my beagle in July, so I know the love and loss one can feel with a pet. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

"Alana"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Andy, I know your pain. My condolences on the loss of Toby.

• VM44
    VM44

I always liked your picture of Toby in the cat carrier.

Sorry about this news, he looked like a very nice cat.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit