Sad thread. my cat is dead. looking for sympathy.

by avengers 27 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

To all of you who know what it is to miss a loved pet.

I never knew in all my Jdubb years that it can hurt so much when an animal dies. I never knew that a man could get attached to a cat. When I was a Dubb I would not allow the kids to have a housepet 'cause then you couldn't spend as much time in service. Anyway in those days I never got attached to an animal, as a matter of fact humans neither now that I think back.

The way the WT had molded the minds of their believers would not allow to have compassion with a creature who doesn't have eternal life anyway. No use getting attached. This frame of thinking also has it's influence on how you view your fellow human being worldly people, family not in the truth.

I have become much more tolerant to others since I left this godforsaken religion.

I even got attached to a cat which opened up so many views on life that I had never known in theWT.

I really miss him and I blame myself the most. I left him at home for three nights in the care of someone who now I can see doesn't give a hoot.

Toby I miss you. I will change my avatar shortly as soon as I can get my whit back.

Sadly. Andy

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I love my pets too, and couldn't imagine. It must be a huge loss. I hope you have lots of pictures to remind you. HUGS to you.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sorry to learn about Toby, Andy!

I'm a dog lover myself - but I've had cats, too!

I remember losing one of my beloved dogs years ago and one of the best ways to heal, I found, was to get a puppy. So, if you feel strong enough, get another cat (kitten). Cat welfare charities would be glad for you to take one off their hands. Please think about it!

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

((((((( Andy )))))))) Oh no! I'm so sorry Andy. I know the pain is absolutely terrible and you can't imagine ever feeling better but you will. Did he die in an accident? It's so much worse when it's unexpected.

Having lost several pets myself, and I know many here have, we all sypathise with you. My last pet to die had lived with me for 32 years. Though it was expected that he would die, it was still the most traumatic thing I could imagine. But now, I remember the good times....and soon you will to. You'll never forget him, but you will laugh about the funny things he did and the pleasure he gave you.

Take care Andy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'm really sorry about your cat.

I recently had to put my dog to sleep and I thought........eh, just a dog. I still miss him terribly.

They love us unconditionally, are so dependant on us. There when we are happy and sad......they are just there. My daughter loves animals or I would have never gotten to know what it was like to have them in your life.

I hope you can find another pet companion

purps

• Moomin
    Moomin

Am really sorry Andy :(

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry for your loss

lisa

• Mary
    Mary

I'm so sorry for you loss......I'm a real cat lover and it's awful when we lose our pets.....they're like family.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

(((hugs))), your thread brought tears to my eyes. I lost my beloved cat who I had for 15 years a few months ago. I cried so hard for over two weeks. I still miss him. My condolances to you. We really do get attached to our pets and they become family to us. So sorry for your loss. But don't feel guilty, you did not do anything wrong at all. It was most likely just your cats time to go.

I know what you mean about pets and the org. the congregation I was in for more than 10 years HATED animals as a whole. My cat was sick a long time and everyone used to tell me get rid of him already, he is too much work for an animal! I used to be furious. But now that I think about it - why should these people have compassion for an animal when they don't even have compassion for human beings? They are awaiting the slaughter of most of mankind, including children so that they can live in their hell paradise together. Again, sorry to hear the news, Lilly

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

(((hugs))) So sorry Andy about your cat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit