Is it time for some new GB members?

by dozy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

It must be white smoke time shortly at Brooklyn , following the death of 2 members in the last year.

By all accounts , there can only be 7 active members......

Herd (71 years old) , Jackson (51) , Lett (57) , Losch (63) , Morris (56) , Pierce (71) and Splane (62).

The other 3 are all very aged. Barber (101) is confined to bed , Jaracz is in his eighties and (allegedly) has heart trouble and a friend who met Jack Barr (now 93 years old) in the London Bethel this year reckoned that this would be the last time he would be travelling over to the UK as he is very , very frail now.

With new, "grafted in" anointed ones very thin on the ground (and most regarded as certifiable by the R & F) , it is increasingly difficult for the GB to constantly appoint credible new members every few years. For years now , the WTS has increasingly been talking up the growing influence the non-anointed ones (Nethinim , "chieftain class etc) are having in WTS affairs - is it now the time for "new light"? OS members on the GB (but perhaps in some kind of secondary , advisory / observer role)?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    For years now , the WTS has increasingly been talking up the growing influence the non-anointed ones (Nethinim , "chieftain class etc) are having in WTS affairs - is it now the time for "new light"? OS members on the GB

I don't think many of us ex-JWs give a damn whether members of the GB claim to be annointed or not. It would still be the same ideology enforced within the same organization. Business as usual. However, it could begin to dampen the aura of mysticism that surrounds the GB in the minds of the rank & file. The fact that the GB members are "annointed" makes them worthy of an almost worshipful honor; which must never be questioned.

If members are not annointed, that means that they are not part of the Faithful & Discreet Slave Class. How do you honor the instructions of the "Faithful Slave" when it consists of men who are not really members of the "Faithful Slave"? This creates a slippery slope. But, as we have seen from the past, no slope is too slippery for the WTS; when they can always reach into their rhetorical bag of tricks known as "New Light".

• Mary
    Mary
    I don't think many of us ex-JWs give a damn whether members of the GB claim to be annointed or not. It would still be the same ideology enforced within the same organization.

Bingo.....while it might raise a few eyebrows, I think everyone is far more interested in whether or not new members are going to be more reasonable with rules and doctrines, or if they're going to continue to act like a bunch of fanatical dictators, squashing the life out of the R&F.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm sure its time, but they do have a few problems to overcome. I wonder if they are going to revamp the whole annointed doctrine. Maybe get some new lazer light and come up with something different...or I guess that as these guys die off, the whole GB could end up being comprised of non-annointed Nephininumbskulls.

Whatever. The dubs will swallow it without even needing a glass of water.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi, I was told last year by my study conductor that the annointed GB members will still be alive when Armageddon comes in order to aid and guide us through the tribulation. Being as they are all old (except those couple of younger ones) this made everyone feel it will be 10 years away max. Is this a common teaching or just my mad 'friend'?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I truly believe it is time for a massive infusion of new blood (pun not intended). I would enlarge to 24 members.

• badboy
    badboy

WOULDN'T EXPANDING THE GB LEAD TO MORE QUARRELS?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I think everyone is far more interested in whether or not new members are going to be more reasonable with rules and doctrines, or if they're going to continue to act like a bunch of fanatical dictators, squashing the life out of the R&F.

I'm not really interested in that, to be honest. They can have 20 members for all I care, or disband altogether. Whatever they do, it won't affect me in any way. Whoever they appoint, if anyone, I doubt there would be a softening of the rules, they've got away with imposing them for far too long to change much now.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    With new, "grafted in" anointed ones very thin on the ground (and most regarded as certifiable by the R & F) , it is increasingly difficult for the GB to constantly appoint credible new members every few years.

Many of he R & F regard the entire GB as certifiable, not just the "grafted in ones".

Surely it must be easy to find a few "credible" members among over 6 million half-crazed, rabid cultists.

W

• lawrence
    lawrence

I keep faxing my resume daily, and haven't heard squat. Maybe I need a headhunter to represent me? Anybody know a good headhunter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit