A JW Elder Calls!!

by Gill 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Well there we were settling down to watch TV last evening. We'd all had a hectic day and I'd started a stinker of a head cold!

There was a loud knock at the door. Husband looked out of the window, and a car was parked at an odd angle infront of our drive.

He goes down stairs and lo and behold a JW Elder he knew from child hood was stood there. Apparantly his car had broken down and he knew my husband had mechanical training and he called for help. !

Impressed I was NOT. My husband went out, and in a few minutes the car was going again and the bugger was off.

I was cross because this stuck up arse, has been shunning us for years now!

I was about to give my poor husband a lecture when he said 'Stop!'

He explained why he helped. 'You can rant and rave about the WTBTS as much as you want. You can spend time on JWD trying to help people to escape as much as you want. BUT in the end...they get the punishment they deserve if they stay. I helped him because he has a miserable life as a JW. He wanted an education when he was young but his father wouldn't even let him train for a job but made him walk the streets from age 16 selling the Watchtower. I don't need to rub anyone's nose in the shit for them. Another forty years 'Bro X' will die old and poverty stricken. He will have missed out on his life going to meetings and assemblys, and elders meetings and studies......I don't need to punish him anymore. They punish themselves! And...I'm not talking about them anymore!! OK!'

So that was that! We didn't mention him again. We both come from a different angle when it comes to JWs and the WTBTS. I'm 'on a mission' to bring them down. As far as he's concerned....why bother.....they're doing a great job of it themselves. Perhaps I'm beginning to learn balance.

HOWEVER, the sheer cheek of the bugger totally makes me MAD!!!!

Enough ranting for now! I do have a completely different view on the whole problem.. ..Infact, I actually feel a terrible, pity for JWs now. What sad lives.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

But surely hubby is showing that he's so much better than what they are?

By giving 'tit for tat', you'd be no mbetter than them IMO.

• Gill
    Gill

You're right Ozzie! You have the same view as my husband which is a lot calmer than I am when someone's treated me like a turd under their shoe for years.

I am actually pleased that he went to help his former friend. Yes it does show he's better than them. But, the sheer cheek of the bloke, who has ignored us for years is still breathtaking to me!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What if???

You had thought of this JW in the car, as an old friend from a job you once worked at. But you quit the job and moved on. Wouldn't you had invited him in and asked how's things down at the factory? Who all's still working there? Anyone else quit after I did? Anyone new?

Then you could have told him about your great life since you left the old factory.

Just a thought.

lisa

• Gill
    Gill

Lisa - Yes. We do have a great life now, a really great life. But, it's always an awkward feeling meeting JWs because you 'know' what they think of you or at least what they've been 'told' to think of you.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    because you 'know' what they think of you or at least what they've been 'told' to think of you.

Exactly...so when you don't have those horns growing and the evil in your eye and aren't dressed in your prostitute outfit, and aren't falling about drunk and drug crazed...... it confuses them.

lisa

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That was a great answer from your husband. I think it is great to try to bring down the WTS, but the best way to bring a JW to their senses is to "heap coals on their head" by treating them kindly despite the disgusting way they treat any exJW. If I was your husband though I would not have been able to resist making a few smart remarks while working on the car.

• vitty
    vitty

Gill, I would have been like you, mad as hell. But I think what your husband did was the RIGHT thing to do. He is the better person, it may just make that JW think.

• jimbo
    jimbo

Hello Gill!

I think your husband is right. Snubbing people is the JW way. When you can move beyond those former habits you will experience a new freedom. Thats what some of us were, now we are free.

Best Regards;

Jimbo

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Gill ((((((((((Hugs))))))))),

You're husband did the right thing - but if he'd refused to help, one could also understand that, too.

The good thing is, that JW might just think. I mean really think - for himself - that, hey, here's a guy who I've been shunning and yet he helps me. So much better than my so-called brothers and sisters who are always back-biting and wouldn't help even if they had their arms twisted up their backs!

Good show, hubby!

(Just hope you don't get a return visit)

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit