A Riddle - Somthing Mentioned in Genesis, but God did not create it!

by VM44 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Isn't it interesting that the Hebrew word for evil, Ra is also the name of the Egyptian Sun God? I'd almost be willing to bet money that there's a direct connection.

I do not believe that God directly created moral evil. However i do believe he has no choice but to allow it to exist.

I agree with discussions on previous threads that we do not have freedom of will. However we do have the freedom to choose our own path in life. A subtle but distinct difference.

In that case moral evil becomes a terrible but necessary by-product and it shows that there are limits on what God can do. If he were to eliminate moral evil he would also have to eliminate our freedom to choose and he can't do that without making us all robots.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I do not believe that God directly created moral evil. However i do believe he has no choice but to allow it to exist.

That raises an interesting point. With all that happened with Adam & all the sin since, is god not as powerful as everyone thinks. We were told that he was capable of doing anything. He could snap his fingers and we'd all be gone, universe and everything.

So what if (let's just say there IS a god) he is like us (with human flaws) and he is scrambling to keep this all together? What if he has his hands on his head stressing out over what is happening? What if he is more like a supervisor rather than absolute creator?

• freetosee
    freetosee

VM44,

no apologies needed, you belong to my favourite posters. I always enjoy your threads and wasn?t that serious, but thanks anyway. fts

• freetosee
    freetosee

Monkyshine, you might enjoy this:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/origin.html

"The Nag Hammadi Library, a collection of thirteen ancient codices containing over fifty texts, was discovered in upper Egypt in 1945. This immensely important discovery includes a large number of primary Gnostic scriptures -- texts once thought to have been entirely destroyed during the early Christian struggle to define "orthodoxy" -- scriptures such as the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Philip, and the Gospel of Truth."

fts

• Faraon
    Faraon

I would venture to say...

God

It is mentioned through the bible, but as far as I know God did not create her/him.

Faraon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit