A Riddle - Somthing Mentioned in Genesis, but God did not create it!

by VM44 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kudra
    Kudra

Booooooogus!

-K

;)

• freetosee
    freetosee

VM44,

hey, seems like you ignored my post...

Well, at least I got insulted on this thread "having fat fingers"

fts

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

You're right F2C. You get credit for that scrip.

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

One viewpoint here:

http://www.christiananswers.net/bible/isa45.html

Not sure of the validity as I am not that well versed in Hebrew-English translations.

..truth.ceeker..

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

My guess was going to be clothing.

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

VM44 you of all people should be aware of Isaiah 45:7, that Jehovah God is the creator of evil. The Hebrew words is "ra" and it does indeed mean evil, no matter how many modern translations try to cover that fact up by substituting words such as "calamity" "woe" "destruction" "suffering." How does that make Jehovah any better if he is creator of woe, calamity, destruction and suffering? The "logic" in this reasoning is nonexistent, but is indicative of the mental state of the True Believer. A True Believer will grasp at any argument, no matter how assinine or ultimately stupid, in a desperate bid to save their religion from reality. G

• VM44
    VM44

freetosee,

My apologies! I don't know how I missed your mentioning Isaiah 45:7. I do remember your answer to the riddle being "clothing" in that post though.

Credit for bringing the scripture to our attention now goes both to freetosee, being the first to mention it in the thread, and Deputy Dog.

--VM44

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

One viewpoint here:

http://www.christiananswers.net/bible/isa45.html

Not sure of the validity as I am not that well versed in Hebrew-English translations.

Isaiah 45:7 - What does it mean? The word translated "evil" here is the Hebrew word ra'. A better translation in modern English is "calamity" or "disaster" or "woe," as this word is translated in this verse in more recent translations. Dr. Henry Morris points out: "God did not create light, for He is light. It was the primeval darkness which He created in order to have a division between day and night. 'Evil,' as used here, refers to evil of a physical nature (storms), not moral evil." See other uses of the words "light" and "evil" in the Bible: Gen. 1:4; Exo. 10:22; 31:2; Lam. 3:38.

Neither am I versed in such translations, but the hypothesis Dr. Henry Morris puts forth here seems quite bogus. He says:

"God did not create light, for He is light. It was the primeval darkness which He created in order to have a division between day and night."

So could this mean that God did not create good, He IS good, and that He created evil to make a division between good and evil? He cannot have it both ways... He also says:

"'Evil,' as used here, refers to evil of a physical nature (storms), not moral evil."

Well the context certainly allows for this, because Isaiah 45 talks about the heavens, sun etc... Still, that does not change the fact that the concept of God has evolved since that time. elSatan at one point was merely an arm of YHWH, so it it quite possible that the "evil" here refers to moral evil and not physical evil.

Strong's entry under the word Ra' allows several translations including evil, distress, misery, injury, wickedness, calamity, wrong, adversity, unkindness, hurtfulness, unpleasentness, malignancy, pain... do these sound like the works of an "omnibenevolent" God?

• avengers
    avengers
    Evil would appear to be an answer that fits. God did not create Evil

The hell he didn't.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

There is no specific mention of God creating water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit