Picture on book "You can live forever"

by Motema Bolingo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

This wouldn't be the first time they stole photos or material for their articles.

They also stole one from a Johnny Walker Black bottle, and were sued over it. Therefore, in the Bound Volume for that year, there was a different picture used for the cover.

They plaguerize articles with impunity, never citing the author or source, and typically the author or source has been misquoted to prove a JW "point."

Lisa

Why yes, that is a good "point", right on the top of your head Class

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

This wouldn't be the first time they stole photos or material for their articles.

They also stole one from a Johnny Walker Black bottle, and were sued over it

It seems "plagiarism" and "watchtower" go together very well. It's a pity they don't get sued more often.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Hi Jaques,

Wow, that would appear to be from the Stern. Anyone brought it to their attention? Have they been compensated/or the model? I wonder how that works. Lovely girl, and not even any imagination used in the image-it is exactly-down to the strands of hair and ear-the same image.

LDH, Full of doubt now, How do you know it is plagiarism? Maybe they just payed for this picture.
    That somebody else also used the picture says nothing. It is quite normal to pay for a picture on a use onlybasis, not to have the absolute only use of a picture. This happens a lot in advertisements etc, that same picturs are used for different companies. Danny

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

If it was done legally then both the stern magazine and the watchtower purchased the same pictured repository. I work for a bio tech company, with images you have a few options. Hiring a graphic designer to give you unique graphics tends to be expensive so often picture respositories are purchased. These respositories are far less expensive but anyone that purchases the repository can use the images. We ran into an issue that a girl we were using on our homepage was showing up on hotmail on dating adds and then another one in a sex add in a magazine. There was nothing illegal, but we did change the images to avoid the association.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Does anyone know where I can meet this girl or the two in the rear giving themselves a good old scrub in the pond?

I can see why the angels had a hard job resisting them!

• under_believer
    under_believer

Yeah be careful calling plagiarism. They have used stock photos before too--there was one Awake I remember in particular where I saw the Awake cover and then a few months later the exact same photo was in an ad in a magazine. Just stock photo usage. Still and all, it's a far cry from the proud old days when everything was done in house.

• Motema Bolingo
  • Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

For Gary,

Thank you for your quick answer Very helpful, believe me !

For Arthur and others,

Five articles are in English on my website :

http://www.aggelia.be/enfants_eng.html (one of my texts, translated by Chantal Caron)

http://www.aggelia.be/rois_eng.html (one of my texts, translated by Chantal Caron)

http://www.aggelia.be/guindon.html (three studies in English written by Ken Guindon)

Jacques

• uninformed
    uninformed

Did any of you ever notice that one of the "demons" in this same picture looked just like Billy Graham--No Kidding.

Uninformed

• KW13
    KW13

OMG i am adding this topic to my favourites lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit